Talk

Advanced search

Tax credit question here!!

(6 Posts)
greeneyedgirl Thu 17-Jul-08 18:31:20

I have just been offered a full time job, (although it is only 30 hours being at a school). What I am wondering, what will happen with my tax credits?

I am working at the same school for 20 hours a week at the moment and I get 70% of my child care paid for as part of my child tax credits, working tax credit and I believe, a lone parent payment. I am not sure of how they work all this out and whether my payments will be reduced. I will be earning just over £14,500 a year. Any help, or pointers to where I can find out would be gratefully received.

OverMyDeadBody Thu 17-Jul-08 18:33:38

the site entitledto.com (or.co.uk I'm not sure) shold be able to give you all the info you need

CarGirl Thu 17-Jul-08 18:33:44

go to entitledto.com and see if you will be better or worse off, I think at £14.5k you may not longer qualify for WTC but I'm not sure.

UnderRated Thu 17-Jul-08 18:49:17

If entitledto doesn't help, look out for boredveryverybored - she knows all about this stuff.

bluebell1 Thu 17-Jul-08 18:55:30

I agree check entitledto.You will probably be better off working 30 hours per week as you usually get extra working tax credit once you hit 30 hours not less.

gillybean2 Thu 17-Jul-08 21:37:50

Go and see the lone parent advisor at the job center. They can crunch the numbers for you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now