Talk

Advanced search

Anyone fancy telling me why men who have alledgedly not shut up about one since Christmas don't FACKING TEXT when they have asked for your number?

(15 Posts)
NumberJill Tue 15-Jul-08 20:02:39

Well? <<seethe>>

I mean, why fucking bother? If he's not interested all well and good, I shan't pester him. If he is interested - why hasn't he texted? I'm sure there is a good manly reason (and if it is "He's not interested love" then say so)but I am too blinded with lust confusion to see it.

NumberJill Tue 15-Jul-08 20:13:33

obviously am completely invisible in every way.

seethe seethe grumpy and bored seethe

TearsofaPersonalClown Tue 15-Jul-08 20:26:55

Men are a different species.... I don't think I'll ever figure them out.grin

NumberJill Tue 15-Jul-08 21:00:14

I am unreasonably pissed off. He has spent 6 months talking about me apparently, and I have this from two different sources who barely know one another. I have sent him one fairly neutral text message, with a question relating to a mutual friend (so he can reply without it being loaded). I really do like him, and if he's completely lost interest over night, I would appreciate being told!

Drusilla Tue 15-Jul-08 21:06:45

He's probably asking his mates what he can say to make himself sound really witty and interesting yet not too desperate ;)

NumberJill Tue 15-Jul-08 21:13:14

If he doesn't do it in the next 24 hours he's going to be asking his mates why he seems to be blacklisted amongst the entire female population of the town wink

I need to know. Yes or no, I need to know.

policywonk Tue 15-Jul-08 21:15:07

Perhaps he knows that you know he likes you and he's trying to play it cool? (Admittedly this explanation makes him sound like a bit of a nob so might not be much help.)

Drusilla Tue 15-Jul-08 21:16:29

When did you sned your text?

NumberJill Tue 15-Jul-08 21:55:35

Sent it last night.

It's cool, in a way I'm glad men piss around, it sorts the men from the boys and makes sure I don't waste my time!

I have NO tolerance for it.

OverMyDeadBody Tue 15-Jul-08 22:00:29

numberjill, men are odd. They really are.

Rocky12 Thu 17-Jul-08 11:27:06

There was a recent repeat episode of Sex and the City when this exact issue came up. Basically if a man doesnt call he is not interested. Move on and dont make excuses as to why he hasnt called - it is his loss.....

Tinkerbel6 Thu 17-Jul-08 12:44:59

NumberJill relax, you only sent it last night, he might not want to appear as being too keen so is waiting a while until he texts you back, if he doesn't text/call you within 3 days then leave it at that

piratecat Thu 17-Jul-08 17:18:27

am feeling similarly!!

It iS early days tho, in man land.

bluejelly Thu 17-Jul-08 17:29:46

Don't give up. I waited 8 days for a man to call the other week... had totally given up and was cursing his name.
But then he did and all was good with the world once again grin

piratecat Thu 17-Jul-08 17:32:22

hmm, i have given up jelly!!

maybe i'll get one then!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now