Talk

Advanced search

Dc have just gone to their dad's

(18 Posts)
brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 18:08:15

and I'm glad to see the back of them, dd has been a mare all week. Winding ds up, being as unhelpfull as she possibly can....grrrr. I know I'll miss them in a bit, but for now I shall enjoy the peace & quiet, I'm on my second glass of wine ( don't usually start until they've gone) I'm going to have a bath and then pasta puttenesca, in my pj's in front of the tv.

BobDowne Fri 11-Jul-08 18:26:14

Sounds lovely brightwell - enjoy the peace! My DCs have just left too, now listening to loud music and wishing i had some wine to crack open. Might go for the tia maria instead!grin

GreenElizabeth Fri 11-Jul-08 18:30:08

Lucky you. My children's Dad had them yesterday and the day before, and for the first time in ages I relaxed enough to sort of almost enjoy the time to myself. I had lunch with my friend and went round the shops the first day, and the second day I had my hair cut and my legs waxed and sat in a coffee shop for hours...! It was nice, nobody was nagging me to buy them another muffin or jumping on their seat and knocking over my coffee etcc...

It did feel ODD, but not totally bad.......

BobDowne Fri 11-Jul-08 18:41:10

It is odd isn't it getting used to spending time on your own when you're used to always doing things with/for the children. Nice though, especially when they've been annoying! I might really push the boat out and wash my hair later. Any good films on TV tonight?

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 18:48:01

I'm listening to my £3 Otis Redding cd,(I don't often spend money on myself) I'll be watching Big Brother, I know it's rubbish but I like it. Tomorrow's treat, the mail is giving away Pride & Prejudice....Ooohhh Mr Darcy!

tortoise Fri 11-Jul-08 18:55:29

My DS's have gone to their Dads but DD1 and DD2 are here. They can't go to their Dad, supervised contact only so i don't get an evening without them, ever!

allgonebellyup Fri 11-Jul-08 18:58:37

my dd goes to her dad, then ds goes to his dad, and then i have peace!

I do always feel funny that there will be 2 dads knocking on the door on a Friday evening.. and the same 2 dads again on a Sunday night. Someone told me my life sounded like a Jeremy Kyle show.
Thanks, you bitch, like i wanted it to be this way. hmm

BobDowne Fri 11-Jul-08 18:58:52

Big brother not so good this year is it? Still end up watching it though - hope Mario goes tonight. Do you believe he used to be a magistrate?

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 19:02:16

Yes I think Mario (Mr health & safety) should go. I can't believe he was a magistrate and I think he's older than 43. AND, I think Lisa will blossom once he's gone....not that I watch it of course!

BobDowne Fri 11-Jul-08 19:08:00

Yes, she seems lovely and he's really patronising with her! If we're lucky we might get to see Dale's torso again - I know very inappropriate, he's very young! Reminds me of my mis-spent youth. Aah.

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 19:08:48

No harm in admiring!!!!

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 19:09:02

Or lusting

mylittlepudding Sat 12-Jul-08 00:09:52

Enjoy! Wine and pasta and a lie in - I hope you feel calmer after it all.

I haven't got round to enjoying it yet but am sure I will.

Allgonebellyup - like if you just tried harder or something life would be less complicated? Um, I don't think so. What a stupid comment. I hope you can try and not let it get to you.

looneymum Sat 12-Jul-08 09:05:34

Morning all. My 2 DDs went with soon to be ex last night.. I went out for curry and disco night.. another event to turn up to on my own... getting quite good at it now! Still have lovely friends.. still feel sort of "alone". Does anyone else feel guilty that they are ready for their time without kids... mine are 3 and 6.. hard work... school breaks up next Tues... will probably get cross with them and then feel like I am terrible mummy... what a curse... soon to be ex's partner has two kids age 2 and 4... mine 3 and 6... bet they aren't sitting around swilling tea and eating a toast mountain... haaaa!!! xxx

chocolatespiders Sat 12-Jul-08 09:26:48

my dd-4 going to her dads today

dd-10 hasnt seen her dad since she was one..

so i dont get a day in my own ever... would be nice occasionally

zookeeper Mon 14-Jul-08 21:47:24

mine are 3,4 and 6 and I separated from their dad my ex dp last July. He did not see them at all from January to June but since then has seen them every other weekend and will have them for two separate weeks over the summer.

I love them dearly but I am soooooo relieved and happy not only to get a break but also that dp appears to have at last relaised that h is still their father and has a roil in theoi life

fll time single parenting very very hard and now that he is back on the scene doing his bit I realise just how hard it has been

zookeeper Mon 14-Jul-08 21:47:24

mine are 3,4 and 6 and I separated from their dad my ex dp last July. He did not see them at all from January to June but since then has seen them every other weekend and will have them for two separate weeks over the summer.

I love them dearly but I am soooooo relieved and happy not only to get a break but also that dp appears to have at last relaised that h is still their father and has a roil in theoi life

fll time single parenting very very hard and now that he is back on the scene doing his bit I realise just how hard it has been

Debra1981 Sat 19-Jul-08 21:58:51

mine is with her dad tonight- went from 8hrs a week to 24 ie overnight a month ago. each week tell myself i can handle the night alone, but come 6pm i am frantically texting round my few friends trying to tag a night out- doesnt always work as you can see. getting her to bed does my head in but i wanted to go get her back tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now