Talk

Advanced search

Child maintenance options?

(4 Posts)
sasquatch Thu 10-Jul-08 21:42:53

has anyone else been contacted by this agency? regards the closure of Child support agency end of 2008 ?

I have tried googling but cant find anything.

gillybean2 Fri 11-Jul-08 08:01:46

Which one?

sasquatch Fri 11-Jul-08 09:21:15

Sorry, the agency is called 'Child Maintenance Options'. They sent me a letter, appears it is a pilot scheme. There are plans for new laws affecting how you arrange support payments.

It looks as though parents on benefit will be able to keep more maintenance. I believe any money paid to csa by absent parent is kept towards your benefit at present.

The Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission, also new, will offer this service, and presumably be responsible for collecting payments as csa does.

I wondered if anyone knew anything more than I do?

gillybean2 Fri 11-Jul-08 09:43:48

Well currently you get to keep the first £10 if you are on benefits. This was increasing anyhow to £20. So yes you'll keep more, but no more than you were going to get before. Plus ay extra income you get like this is taken into account for housing and council tax benefit so it sounds good but in reality you are no better off ime...

So sounds like it might be a little misleading.

Haven't heard of this agency so far. I have heard of people being phoned by DWP rather than the CSA now. But basically they are the same people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now