Talk

Advanced search

Im going to see my solicitor again today.

(10 Posts)
SparklePrincess Tue 08-Jul-08 09:24:52

Im taking my marriage certificate so we can set the ball rolling & get me out of my marriage to my psycho, abusive control freak ex.

Wish me luck? Im really scared. sad

Smittals Tue 08-Jul-08 09:31:42

Good luck & courage SparklePrincess - I hope your solicitor gives you confidence today. You are going to feel so much better when all this is sorted out, try and focus on that! smile

SparklePrincess Tue 08-Jul-08 09:33:07

Thanks Smittals. Im really dreading it. sad

POWDERPUFF2 Tue 08-Jul-08 11:37:16

good luck

let us know how you get on, domestic violence should be easy for the solicitor to deal with. dont know if will give you any more finantial advantage. could you let me know on this may help me to.

SparklePrincess Tue 08-Jul-08 18:32:37

Meeting went ok. They want us to complete form E`s (huge financial disclosure form) shock but are willing to go along with whatever I decide to do.

Thing is Ex is living with another woman who has her own house & business, yet, of course he refuses to admit to this. Solicitors want to take into account her finances & the fact he has no housing need because he`s living with her. Reality is I know that if I pursue along this line he will simply move out & rent somewhere, thus draining the family finances further every month this drags out. Id rather go with the not overly great under the circumstances (but enough for me to buy a small house outright) agreement I was bullied into we made at mediation, get things over & done with & think myself incredibly lucky im still in a better position than most single mums.

glitterfairy Tue 08-Jul-08 18:44:11

Glad it went ok Sparkle.

Do what is best for you and your dcs and only you dont bring him (x) into the equation.

SparklePrincess Tue 08-Jul-08 19:11:03

He can curl up & die for all I care. He`ll regret his actions one day when his tart chucks him out on his ear, his kids have seen through all his cr@p & dont want to know him (headed this way already) & im happy & settled in my new life. (Hopefully to a gorgeous rich man grin)

POWDERPUFF2 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:53:35

i presume he has a restraining order against him and has supervised access to the dc if he is violent??

SparklePrincess Wed 09-Jul-08 20:46:16

No. Didnt want to make things worse. sad

SparklePrincess Wed 09-Jul-08 20:57:55

He`s never actually been physically violent anyway. Its more mental abuse with him & only aimed at me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now