Talk

Advanced search

I'm shattered

(31 Posts)
fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 17:33:29

Do you ever feel like you do too much and want a week off

happymerryberries Tue 25-Jan-05 17:34:32

God knows how you all manange on your own, I'm flipping shattered and I have help!

All power to you!

kalex Tue 25-Jan-05 17:35:45

FF,

What does not feeling shattered feel like

Yes I would love a week off, but then I would probably miss them God I am a silly cow!

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 17:53:06

I wouldn't miss them, is that terrible, i would lie on my back for a few days and then try and tidy this hell hole without being followed around by thing one and thing two. I'm desperate to throw in the towel at college but i wont.

nikcola Tue 25-Jan-05 17:57:18

i feel the same way about college ff xxxxxxxx

kalex Tue 25-Jan-05 17:58:18

FF,

thats how I thought I would feel, but when their dad gets his arse in gear and takes them, it doesn't happen.

What I really really want to know is Why, when they are here I can barely drag my ass out of bed in the AM, when they are away, I'm awake at 7.30 ready and raring to go. It must be the curse of motherhood. And while I'm at it, why do they (the little darlings - NOT) bang on the bedroom door every ten minutes until I get up, and then ignore me for the rest of the day - UNTIL the phone rings and then they need me really really urgently. or should that be can't decide!

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 17:59:22

Do you feel like you have taken too much on Nik? I feel like im all over the place with everything but not concentrating on one, So my house is a tip my work is suffering and my kids are smelly. We need to get organised!!!!!!!!!

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 18:05:09

Kalex, mine did that on saturday, pulled me out of bed saying they were dying of hunger, it was 6 am ffs. I got up went down and said ok what do you want. They both said, nothing.
I think its the constant chatting that is bothering me at the moment, i want to say, go and ask your dad. I cant keep up the enthusiasm on my own. Just somebody now and again to read them a book or give the bath.
I'll be fine after a good old moan.

nikcola Tue 25-Jan-05 18:05:47

yep, my ho1use is a tip we have been living off takeawys for ages bang goes my diet,
i miss being with dd like mad but she also drives me mad !!!!! she keeps telling me not to do college work!!!! ive got loads of assignments due in and im bloody shattered but it will alll be worth it in the end well i bloody hope so

what u doing at college ff?xxx

nikcola Tue 25-Jan-05 18:06:27

house

kalex Tue 25-Jan-05 18:08:22

Aha, have got the food thing sorted, leave out the cornflakes, bananas etc left out on the counter, sorry doesn't stop them.

I actually got up and switched off the telly, and they played, so I reckon that sometimes they don't realise when they are bored.

Saying that IT STILL DOES MY HEAD IN.

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 18:10:35

I am studying art, which makes it easier for me im sure. I just get stopped constantly and asked to draw a power ranger or crash bandicoot. They also want to steal my oils. I keep loosing my concentration and making a mess of pictures, at least i can pretend its on purpose, harder for you.

nikcola Tue 25-Jan-05 18:12:38

sounds good ff how long is the course ?

nikcola Tue 25-Jan-05 18:13:16

ive got an in class essay to do on friday for sociology im crapping it and dd is doing my head in

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 18:14:07

I was thinking if i pretended to be asleep now they would get themselves to bed wouldn't they. A 4 and a 5 year old wouldn't cause too much damage im sure. The last thing they would think of doing is putting toys down the toilet or making a pie out of mummies makeup

nikcola Tue 25-Jan-05 18:15:29

you never know !!!!!!! tell them mommy will run away if you dont be good and go to bed !!!!!! how many days a week you at college ff ?

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 18:15:40

As long as i can stand, hopefully i will be studying for four more years

nikcola Tue 25-Jan-05 18:17:12

thats a long time,
im off to uni to do a 3 year god i must be mad

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 18:18:02

3 days a week, what about you Nik? I'll just let them watch Poltergeist and say that what happens to little boys who piss mothers off get to bed. Should work.

kalex Tue 25-Jan-05 18:18:33

You could always let them go to bed themselves and call the carnage an art project along Tracy Emin's lines "shattered"

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 18:20:53

I prefer "Abandonment" or "Sellotape on mouth while mum goes out"

kalex Tue 25-Jan-05 18:29:49

Like those too, but if you are really famous and use the "shattered" title I shall expect royalties

Have we cheered you up at all, brought a wee smile to the lips

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 18:32:51

Yes im cheering up i now embrace motherhood with both hands. Maybe i'll use shattered next time, this term i am mainly focusing on anger towards theopposite sex.

fairyfly Tue 25-Jan-05 21:01:04

I've put the brakfast out, i am getting organised, hoorah

essbee Tue 25-Jan-05 21:07:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now