Talk

Advanced search

Abandoned by Father

(3 Posts)
Sioux1973 Thu 13-Jan-05 14:24:22

Hi there, I was wondering if there are other Mums out there who are suffering the same or similar problem as me. I have a 12 year old son, I split from his father 10 years ago. The reason we split was irreconcilable differences. Two years after we split I met and fell in love with another woman. I must say my sexuality was NOT the reason we split. Anyway for several years after I met my partner,my ex husband saw his son regularly, then six years ago he just stopped. He left on boxing day 1998 saying he would be back on new years eve, and we havent heard or seen him since. My son has now accepted that he wont see his father, but it still makes me so ANGRY, that this man who i thought was such a loving father could abandon his child like this. The Child Support Agency track him to his new jobs, so I know he is still alive, so in my mind he has NO reason at all to have stopped seeing his child. He saw him for several years while I was in a relationship with a woman so he cannot say my sexuality is the reason he doesnt see him. I dont know what to do, part of me wants to harrass him with letters and phone calls telling him what i think of him, but another part says its his choice and it is him that is missing out on watching a beautiful little boy grow into a man. Does anyone else have similar experience to this?

Stilltrue Thu 13-Jan-05 17:23:47

Sioux1973 - I can't help you I'm afraid except to say how appalling your story is. Your poor son. Be proud that you are doing your best for him. Sorry, not much help but I do feel for you.

Sioux1973 Fri 14-Jan-05 10:33:54

Thanks Still for your kind words, sickens me that Fathers4Justice do all these silly stunts to put there plights into the public domain, but there are more children out there that have been abandoned by there fathers whose plight is never seen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now