Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this is a real cheek?

(11 Posts)
tammybear Sun 09-Jan-05 10:24:21

I'm just about to send an E-Mail to my exp. I asked him to help me out with dd's nursery fees, which I didnt really want to as I hate asking him for money but as he's dd's father, I said he has a responsibility to help provide for her etc. Anyway in this E-Mail I'm sending, I've so far said about the money and that me and my parents are struggling to find the money. I was going to point out that his parents are dd's grandparents too and that maybe they should help out too, as they complained to me once that they have rights to see dd, so that to me means they have a responsibility to help dd out too. Do you think I should say this? Am I right in saying this? Thanks

karenanne Sun 09-Jan-05 10:29:43

hi tammy ..think your ok asking him for money as for gp if yours are helping out then why dont they too.do they get to see your dd?

my ex gives me money every week for dd and ds but its agreed that with uniforms etc this will be split equally between us.my dp help me out from time to time but his have never got any money anyway so im not going to waste my breath.

hope you get the help you need.

tammybear Sun 09-Jan-05 10:32:49

hiya, his parents see dd when exp sees her, as his parents need to drive him to mine so they see her every 3 weeks. they havent helped with dd money wise before, but think its a little unfair that i should just keep asking my parents, when dd has two other grandparents that could easily help too. especially since i never see my dad, and he has seen dd about 5 times since she was born and she's 2 now! thanks

Beetroot Sun 09-Jan-05 11:33:21

Message withdrawn

tillykins Sun 09-Jan-05 11:34:26

I think you are quite right to ask Tammybear - its a shame you have to ask too

tammybear Sun 09-Jan-05 11:45:54

I have never asked them for anything before. I hate asking exp for money as it is. The reason I thought of suggesting is it is because my mum pointed it out that they could as she resents them slightly because it's always my mum helping me out and she's on a low income trying to sort my sister's debts out as well. By 1st of February, I have to pay for my rent, January nursery fees, and February nursery fees, and so Im quite desperate for money. Ive just started working so things are a bit uncertain with me, as Income support has stopped but WTC hasnt kicked in yet. My mum hasnt been paid since before Christmas as she works for a private school and is off til Tuesday, and my dad has just had £700 stolen off him in card theft so he cant help out too much either.

I hate asking people for money and I dont get on well with exp's parents as it is, and I know they hate me no matter how much exp says they dont. And I know if I suggested it, exp probably wouldnt be happy with it. But then again, they only gave dd £25 mothercare voucher for her birthday AND christmas (sorry maybe Im just ungrateful but £25 for both doesnt seem a lot!) so makes me wonder if they would help out.

Aimsmum Sun 09-Jan-05 12:44:19

Message withdrawn

tammybear Sun 09-Jan-05 12:49:26

Hi Aimsmum, jobs going okay thanks. Doing my proper hours next week as Ive gone in early this week so hopefully I wont be so tired I should be getting 70% of the fees covered when i start getting it, but they always seem to be so slow dont they? So I'm hoping it'll kick in soon, hopefully by the end of the month, as I went through the lone parent deal advisor at the job centre. Exp does give me £25 a week for maintenance. I haven't said anything to him yet, as I'm still wondering whether to or not. I might leave it and see how long it takes for me to start getting WTC and how much we have altogether by the end of the month.

Aimsmum Sun 09-Jan-05 12:57:12

Message withdrawn

tammybear Sun 09-Jan-05 13:40:18

Yeah they were quite good for us this first month. They said they dont mind when we pay it as long as it gets paid in January

tammybear Sun 09-Jan-05 14:02:23

btw how long did WTC take to go through the LPND advisor for you aimsmum?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now