Talk

Advanced search

refusal of xmas presents....am i THAT nasty?!

(11 Posts)
msann Thu 06-Jan-05 13:13:56

my ex partner had his regular contact on 1st Jan with kids. On returning them he started to unload their xmas pressies from car. I saw a brand new tv/video combo...i asked if that was for the kids & he said it was for dd2 (who is 5). I told him that she was too young for tv in bedroom - to which he was quite rude. I told him that he could either take it away with him , or i wud put it in loft til she is old enough for tv in her room. He told me that she IS old enough already!! dd2 is now upset with me cos i wont let her have it. am i in the wrong? shes far too young...& not forgetting dd1 for whom he didnt buy at tv...can u imaging the arguements? 2 bedrooms but only 1 tv? grrrrrrrrrr ex partners... who needs em?!

coppertop Thu 06-Jan-05 13:19:15

I think that as you are the one responsible for their day-to-day care it is up to you to decide when they are old enough to have a TV in their room(s) - not your ex. I think it was unfair of him to:

1) Buy something like this without discussing it first;

2) To buy this for the younger child and not the older one.

Can't he keep it at his house to use while they are visiting/staying with him? That way the present is used (hopefully by both children) and you can also stick to your own house-rules without dds getting upset.

msann Thu 06-Jan-05 13:23:32

he doesnt have a house - or fixed address ....but hey thats a whole nother story (hes trying 4 extra access, special occasions & holidays ...he hasnt even got a place to take em...in court on 17th Jan about it )

coppertop Thu 06-Jan-05 13:25:06

So why is he spending money on expensive things like this??? It must be so frustrating for you.

suzywong Thu 06-Jan-05 13:26:38

it sounds like he's trying to wind you up and is clueless about day to day running of house and kids, what a bore for you

msann Thu 06-Jan-05 13:28:37

yup! (even more frustrating that the court r even going ahead with a case fro extra contact when he himself has admitted that he is of no fixed abode!)

and as for the rest of the xmas pressies....several (4) required multiple batteries ...of which he said to the kids 'mum'll get them'. He bought a bedside lamp for dd1 ....with NO BULB!! 'mum'll get 1'

am considering getting dd1 to list number & sizes of batteries required & sending it with them next time they see him!

crunchie Thu 06-Jan-05 13:28:55

He sounds clueless, but maybe not malicious. ie as most men, didn't think!!

Is there somewhere else the TV could go - kitchen for instance? This way everyone would get the use of it.

msann Thu 06-Jan-05 13:30:19

people mite thing im nasty ...but NO tv's in bedrooms...they're 4 sleeping in. and no TV in kitchen...its for eating in. think its bad habit 2 have telly on all time!

wild Thu 06-Jan-05 13:45:38

agree about tv in bedroom/kitchen msann

HappyMumOf2 Thu 06-Jan-05 13:49:10

Message withdrawn

msann Thu 06-Jan-05 13:54:09

i have horrible feeling he will get extra contact.. i have been having a bad deal from courts...atm he takes them to the house of his gf (where they were witness 2 serious assault)..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now