Talk

Advanced search

How much contact does your ex have with you DCs?

(12 Posts)
sarah573 Wed 03-Oct-07 13:57:03

Just curious as I feel a bit hard done by!!

EX DH has my 3 (9,7+5) for 2 hours on a Wednesday evening. He also picks up DS2 drops him off and at Beavers on a Friday. Although he's only been going for the last 2 weeks, so it remains to be seen how reliable this will be!!

He never has them overnight or at weekends.

He lives 2 miles down the road. He works full time, and CONSTANTLY moans how busy he is!!! Poor chap - I just don't know how he copes [rolls eyes]!!!

lou33 Wed 03-Oct-07 13:59:03

exh hasnt seen the kids since aug 06

macdoodle Wed 03-Oct-07 14:48:08

Too much mine still has keys for the house ...comes most mornings to take DD to school sometimes even the ones I don't work hmm...picks her up from school monday until I get home 5ish....babysits tues and often stays here overnight hmm if has had a drink (tues is my girls night out)....will have her friday overnight (my late day at work so he picks up from his mum anyway)...but I usually have to moan to get this one am working on every week though...brings her back 9ish (toooo early) on sat so he can go to work...and will often pop in on a sunday to see her and fiddle with his bike (in MY garage)....think both of us struggling to let go properly - you wouldn't actaully believe he has his own place...I would rather a few set days/times rather than this erratic popping in and out but not actaully being that useful or spending any quality time with her !

macdoodle Wed 03-Oct-07 14:48:53

lou TWAT!

lou33 Wed 03-Oct-07 15:09:58

hopefully contact will restore later this month tho, but slowly

DirtyGertiefromnumber30 Wed 03-Oct-07 15:13:35

my dh has his son (my dss) every other weekend. Dropped off fri at 4pm, dropped home sun 5pm.

Have you asked him about having them overnight? Has he got the space?

moopymoo Wed 03-Oct-07 15:16:09

ex dh has ds for 2 hours once a fortnight at his house. he doesnt drive and i drop him off there. they play on the ps2. is a complete and utter waste of ds time though i think its important that they do remain in contact. not sure why though grrr oh and he contributes nothing and has never been to ds school. double grrr

sportie Thu 04-Oct-07 10:32:20

My ex dh hasn't had contact or contributed in anyway to his dds since he left 14yrs ago!!! In fact met youngest for 1st time (he left when i was 6mths pregnant with her)last summer which was an unmittigated disaster!

If you can get him to have them overnight to give you a break it would be better as it ain't easy never getting a break...take it from me! But if not some contact is better than none as no contact can lead to all sorts of issues later on!!!

nutcracker Thu 04-Oct-07 10:33:53

My ex currently sees our 3 children for about 2 hours on a wednesday night and about 4 hours on a Sat or Sun, but never overnight, or even all day at all.

In his head though the arrangments are totally flexible and he can go from twice a week vists to once a fortnight in the blink of an eye.

Boycodd Thu 04-Oct-07 10:34:25

nutty
sort it
why not oevrnight?>

Boycodd Thu 04-Oct-07 10:34:57

you need oy go to he meet up
someone will pay for you

and then tell him
i am in london

nutcracker Thu 04-Oct-07 11:09:51

He can't have them overnight Cod, he is living in a bedsit smaller than my living room, with a single bed, tv, a fridge and toaster.

He is currently 18th on waiting list for a 1 bed flat around here, and then believe me, I will be sorting out overnighters as a priority.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now