Talk

Advanced search

Father breaches court order

(2 Posts)
cookiesmumma Sat 11-Jul-20 18:50:26

Hello, any advice greatly received.
My ex who lives 170 miles away has always been difficult when it comes to seeing DS, only wanting to see him once every 6 weeks. Last summer 2019 he refused to return him after a holiday. I had to beg for over a week for him to bring our son home only a day before he was due to start school. The police and social services couldn't help. I tried to make an emergency court application but as he had made the initial order they wouldn't do anything. My son was returned the evening before he was due to go back to school. My ex was due to have our son over Easter for one week, he said a week was pointless and only wanted him for three weeks or until the end of lockdown. Which he knew I would never allow.
Now for summer he wants to "make up for lost time" and have him for 4-6 weeks. My son has autism which my ex refuses to acknowledge and my son barely speaks to me for a week when he gets home from his fathers. I imagine the only reason he wants him is because his csa payments will go up for a lack of contact as I reported this change.
To top that off he reported me to social services for "flouting lockdown" by seeing my family on the coast, my mum was helping me with childcare so I could work at her house.
Any guidence welcome 🙏🏼

OP’s posts: |
nicola9440 Sun 19-Jul-20 14:37:53

cookiesmumma

Hello, any advice greatly received.
My ex who lives 170 miles away has always been difficult when it comes to seeing DS, only wanting to see him once every 6 weeks. Last summer 2019 he refused to return him after a holiday. I had to beg for over a week for him to bring our son home only a day before he was due to start school. The police and social services couldn't help. I tried to make an emergency court application but as he had made the initial order they wouldn't do anything. My son was returned the evening before he was due to go back to school. My ex was due to have our son over Easter for one week, he said a week was pointless and only wanted him for three weeks or until the end of lockdown. Which he knew I would never allow.
Now for summer he wants to "make up for lost time" and have him for 4-6 weeks. My son has autism which my ex refuses to acknowledge and my son barely speaks to me for a week when he gets home from his fathers. I imagine the only reason he wants him is because his csa payments will go up for a lack of contact as I reported this change.
To top that off he reported me to social services for "flouting lockdown" by seeing my family on the coast, my mum was helping me with childcare so I could work at her house.
Any guidence welcome 🙏🏼

Don't let him have your son for that long. 1 week is enough.. your the mum it's your rules! X
Goodluck hun

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in