Talk

Advanced search

Family court time frame?

(5 Posts)
tooearlyr Wed 03-Jun-20 21:43:13

So basically my question is if dad hadn't saw son for the past 7 months ( his choice ) because he couldn't be bothered to keep up regular sessions then disappeared. then when our son was 20 months old decided to start court action for contact. How long would it likely be before contact sessions started to take place given his child doesn't even know him now?. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
MariParsons Wed 03-Jun-20 22:24:23

Following

tooearlyr Thu 04-Jun-20 20:56:56

Bump

OP’s posts: |
Herewegoagain19891 Thu 04-Jun-20 21:03:48

I would say it very much depends on if you have any safe guarding concerns.

If you don't then it could be supervised contact straight away.

Oohoohfixitfelixoohooh Thu 18-Jun-20 09:54:24

I'm currently in the same situation with a DD of a similar age. We started with three hours contact twice a week and it has now been increased to 6. From what my solicitor has said, the court usually order over nights from the age of 1, every other weekend from 2 and 7 day holidays from 3. We've had two hearings so far and are currently awaiting the final hearing for a decision as ex has stated he wants eow and holidays straight away. Due to Covid, my solicitor thinks its very unlikely we will have the final hearing before September as the courts are physically unable to fit everyone needed into room whilst social distancing. As there's no welfare concerns it was advised that we may just receive a final order once the legal adviser has reviewed our case in 28 days. Hope this helps xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in