Talk

Advanced search

WHY DO I FEEL LOST..........

(10 Posts)
mojosmum Sat 15-Sep-07 13:56:52

as most of you know i met my new partner nearly 3wks ago & things are going great but as i was single for a few yrs before i met him i always felt my place was as a single mum but my friend now say i cant used that title so what exactly is my title who & what an i????

this may sound really silly but i just feel lost

lou33 Sat 15-Sep-07 13:58:37

why are you not a single mum? you have only known him a few weeks, has he moved in and taken on the responsibility of hte kids with you?

mojosmum Sat 15-Sep-07 14:48:22

no hes not moved in he & dd get on well but she still has her dad i thought i would always be a single parent to dd as i am the only biological parent she lives with thats how i see it but my friend seems to think that means im not committed to dp its just confused me maybe thats just cos im a dizzy blonde lol

teuch Sat 15-Sep-07 14:51:47

soudns like your friend is a bit troublesome [hmmm] why would she be planting seeds of doubt so early in your relationship?...

Anyway, I'd say until there are two adults in your home, actively parenting, then you remain a single parent.

On the other hand, my sister doesn't refer to herself as a single parent at all...she and her husband split up but they are both still 'actively parenting' - they just live in separate houses.

So that's cleared that up then?! [hmmm] grin

lou33 Sat 15-Sep-07 15:02:11

i would consider you a single parent still then

KerryMum Sat 15-Sep-07 15:04:34

3 weeks isn't very long. I'd still be calling myself a single mum. AND I wouldn't be letting someone I've only known for 3 weeks have responsibility over my kids.

XcupcakemummyX Sat 15-Sep-07 15:13:40

i still feel like a single mum and i remarried

lou33 Sat 15-Sep-07 15:23:24

as far as i am concerned i am a single mum unless the person i am seeing moves in and is taking an active part in the upbringing and responsibility of raising my family, regardless of how long i might be seeing htem

mojosmum Sat 15-Sep-07 15:27:29

Thanks everyone for that i do feel im a single parent dp & dd get on really will be he has not responsibility think that would be so wrong at this early stage for us

Tinkerbel5 Sat 15-Sep-07 16:17:52

you are still a single mum as you are bringing up a child on your own, having a bf doesnt come into it as im sure he isnt helping you raise your child, you are a single parent until the time comes when you have someone living with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now