Talk

Advanced search

To make it so obvious?

(7 Posts)
tiredmumma10 Sat 15-Feb-20 10:39:42

Hi ladies just need a rant. I just asked ex to contribute a small amount of money towards a block of classes for our baby DD. This guy literally never shows one bit of interest in anything she does at her other classes ( that I pay all of ) and all he gave me was question after question about it , asking where it was and what times and if he could go etc. He has never asked to go to anything despite knowing I've taken her to a couple of different classes previously but as soon as he is asked to pay a bit of money it's a different story. It honestly makes me think I shouldn't bother even asking and just pay everything myself. Does anyone else's ex make it so obvious they don't trust you with their precious money? It's as if he thinks I'm away to spend it on myself.

OP’s posts: |
tiredmumma10 Sat 15-Feb-20 13:30:34

Bump

kitk Sat 15-Feb-20 15:22:32

I think a lot of exes that actually do pat maintenance think that we spend it all on ourselves. That's why others, like mine, won't pay anything at all. Money is another form of control. In future I'd give him so much information that he can only really say yes or no and see if that works!

PumpkinP Sat 15-Feb-20 16:41:07

Does he pay maintenance? Legally if he does he doesn’t have to pay any more on top of that. So although yanbu there’s nothing that can be done about it

doritosdip Sat 15-Feb-20 17:38:29

He's asking because he either thinks you're trying to con him out of money or he wants you to give in and pay it yourself.

doritosdip Sat 15-Feb-20 17:40:10

It's a popular stereotype - "My ex spends all maintenance on hair and nails" Strange how the child isn't dead from not eating and having access to electricity and heat.

tiredmumma10 Sat 15-Feb-20 19:02:22

It's so annoying .. it was a swimming class and a set price for a 8 week block. He actually asked if the price was for DD and ME!! I felt like saying are you joking your not paying for me to go and have fun swimming your helping to pay for your DD classes who is still a baby therefore I have to be in the water with her for her SAFETY

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in