Talk

Advanced search

What is the latest time would you say is reasonable for picking a child up for contact

(8 Posts)
inthedarkX Tue 21-Jan-20 15:26:56

So that's it really as the title states. What time do you think is reasonable for picking a child up for contact?

OP’s posts: |
Lowprofilename Tue 21-Jan-20 15:28:40

How old is the child?

inthedarkX Tue 21-Jan-20 15:35:15

Ages of children are 13,12,9, 7 and 3

ZeroFuchsGiven Tue 21-Jan-20 15:39:53

overnight, out for tea, full day?

I think it depends really.

pooopypants Tue 21-Jan-20 15:40:24

School night or weekend night?

inthedarkX Tue 21-Jan-20 15:59:14

Ex says he finishes work tomorrow at 22:00 but he will 'try' to finish at 20:00 and wants to have them overnight until Saturday. This suits his plans nicely for the rest of the weekend.

kitk Tue 21-Jan-20 17:11:28

Tbh, unless absolutely avoidable he should want to be at his home an hour before the youngest's bedtime so that they can see him and wind down before bed. 8pm would only be ok with me for the oldest two, three at a push

lyingwanker Tue 21-Jan-20 17:21:36

10pm - absolutely no way. Not even for the older ones!!

I have always had the same kind of agreement with my ex that they need to be collected and dropped off between 6-7pm. It started when they were 2 and 3 years old and had just stuck. It means that they can get to his house, wind down for a bit or have a late takeaway then bed. They're 12 & 13 now but I still wouldn't want it to be after 8pm really or else he might as well just come in the morning?!

I would say 8pm for MY 3 year old would be too late so i would say to come and get them in the morning instead

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in