Talk

Advanced search

End of tether

(1 Post)
elsie0875 Fri 27-Dec-19 13:42:40

I need some advice, I'm at the end of my tether and really don't know what to do.
My ex and I split 3 years ago, we have 2 children (9 and 13). They refuse to go to his partners house as she has made it perfectly clear they are not welcome there. He has a complete lack of interest in the children, sees them maybe twice/three times a month for a few hours, appears to do his duty and disappears without a word until the next time. Quite often we don't hear from him until the evening before he's due to have them and sometimes changes the times that he's having them.
I work fulltime and have to rely on my parents and after school clubs for childcare. I have asked if he can help and I'm met with only if they go to his after school. I don't want to force the children into going there as they hate it, especially as there has been a few instances of verbal abuse and my son has been accused of assaulting her (when actually she refused to let go of him and he pushed her out of the way!) On all these occassions he has taken his partner's side. I'm really struggling though, I'm constantly chasing my tail and I have absolutely no downtime without having to rely on my parents or the odd few hours a month when he has them during the day. He has absolved himself of all parental responsibility, he takes no interest in what they do, including school, the odd occassion when he wants to come it's all about him and not the children's achievements.
What do I do?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in