Talk

Advanced search

When your kids go away with their Dad who packs?

(6 Posts)
Nymphadora Sat 18-Aug-07 15:05:41

My xh is taking kids away for 6 days, he came to visit yesterday so I made him pack.I checked it this am and found....

dd1- 6 pairsof trousers and 2 tops
dd2- 1 pair of trousers and 2 tops
dd1 had loads of pjs and dd2 didn't and she wets the bed! both had loadsof knickers and socks.

I have just repacked but only the bare minimum as he can buy anything they need after that!

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Sat 18-Aug-07 15:26:56

DH wouldn't pack the necessary, and would find problems to buy something apropiate. I would be tempted to pack myself as it is the children who will end up being uncomfrotable about the options.

neva Sat 18-Aug-07 21:04:52

I packed with dd beside me so she knew what was going into the bag and in which section. Likewise I didn't pack too much. I think it's best to travel light and wash things as needed.

KaySamuels Mon 20-Aug-07 19:51:38

When my step sons come on holiday with us their mum packs, but we always check it before we go and add/take out stuff. We go through it with the kids too and show them what's where, night stuff/day stuff etc, so they know what they have to wear when and where to find it. I would call this approach a team effort.

I wouldn't trust dp to do it and neither would his ex! Aren't all men generally usueless with regards to kids clothing needs??

peanutbear Mon 20-Aug-07 19:54:33

i try to pck for ds1 when he goes to his dads but i know he unpcks it and fills his bg with ps2 games

mistressmiggins Mon 20-Aug-07 20:16:31

I used to pack for the children but my ex claims he spends £20 a month on clothing for the kids (he only has them once a month) so I dont pack anything now. He has clothes at his house & uses those.
Not mean - everytime he took them for the weekend, he would come back minus a coat or shoes which I would then have to buy new so I dont bother now

much less stress for me & dont have to put up with washing clothes when they return

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now