Advanced search

Moving back in with relative in social housing

(2 Posts)
beexx Thu 29-Aug-19 19:25:44

Hi. My partner of 6 years and I broke up when our son was 2 days old, I'm now 15 days postpartum and me and our two sons have moved back in with my grandmother who lives in a 3 bed council house. She's 78 and also has early Alzheimer's so things are tough and far from ideal but at least there's plenty of room for us all I'm trying to sort my finances/universal credit this week and just wondering how it will affect my nans benefits?

OP’s posts: |
Stressedout10 Tue 10-Sep-19 12:19:02

If she gets council tax benefit and or housing benefit they will be reduced but if you apply for both for yourself at her home it should cover what she loses.
Your housing benefit should be part of your UC claim but only if you ticked the right box so check that council tax benefit is only available through your council

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in