Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

after posting on nursery thread.Nursery Registration Fees.

(8 Posts)
bluebell1 Tue 31-Jul-07 13:19:45

Hi i am a lone parent to two ds's.I am starting work in two weeks as i cannot survive on income support and no support from ex.My nursery wants £100 in nursery fees(£5o per child).I dont have a spare £100.Does anyone know if i can get any kind of help paying the registration fee or anyone been in similar situation.

bundle Tue 31-Jul-07 13:24:21

our nursery does have some flexibility re: deposits (if that's what this fee is for, I assume it's returnable) esp for single parents - or sometimes colleges/employers help out

Bubble99 Tue 31-Jul-07 13:36:59

Registration fees are usually non-refundable. They are outrageous, IMO. £50 to add a child's name to a database is disgusting.

I own two nurseries and we do not charge registration fees.

Deposits, which we do ask for are a totally different thing. A deposit ensures that the nursery always has a month's (in our case) fees in hand in the event of any non-payment by parents and ensures that parents will give proper notice.

at 'registration' fees.

bluebell1 Tue 31-Jul-07 13:38:12

Hi thanks for reply.Its just to register (non-refundable).All the nurseries in my area(luton)seem to charge the same.

bluebell1 Tue 31-Jul-07 13:43:24

Hi Bubble i agree at them being outrageous.I do understand at there maybe being a small fee because of time wasters.But its a joke when you want to come off benefit and go into work but are expected to pay for the privelige.

Bubble99 Tue 31-Jul-07 13:45:09

And they get away with it, as most nurseries do here...

We made a conscious decision not to charge a registration fee. We are obviously missing out on some easy money, but we were stung with these fees when our youngest used nurseries and felt conned.

It also seems a shitty thing to do if you are trying to build up a good relationship with parents, to ask them for £50 for 5 mins (at most) at a computer. All of our parents have noticed and commented very positively.

Bubble99 Tue 31-Jul-07 13:47:21

We ask for one months deposit on return of the registration form.

bluebell1 Tue 31-Jul-07 13:56:29

If only more people were like you and wouldnt just think about lining their pockets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now