Advanced search

paying for shortfall in housing benefit

(5 Posts)
AMAZINWOMAN Sun 29-Jul-07 20:30:56

im seriously thinking about giving up my p/t job as i find it too stressfull. But my rent is £75 more than my eligible rent, which I am just paying at the minute. If get income support-do i have to pay £75 from this?

lou33 Sun 29-Jul-07 20:32:18

it all deoends on the capping the council does

i was on is and still had a 50 a week deficit to make up

AMAZINWOMAN Sun 29-Jul-07 20:41:12

£50 a week!! how are you meant to live on is after paying that?

lou33 Sun 29-Jul-07 20:44:32

i couldnt, my sister helped me

Tinkerbel5 Mon 30-Jul-07 17:37:38

your housing benefit will go up, go to the following website and put your details in as if you were getting Income Support and see how much you will get

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: