Talk

Advanced search

will it be just us forever????

(14 Posts)
talkative Sat 28-Jul-07 22:22:37

Hey, i have one ds (nearly 16 months) and his dad has never wanted anything to do with him and i hate him for it, ds means the world to me and i would give anything for him, just sometimes i think what it would be like if he had a brother/sister and a father figure. i mean its not so bad if its just us forever because thats the only way i would have it at the moment but i am thinking of the future.
I am only young so i know there is plenty of time but i never really go out in the evenings as there is no-one i would trust with ds except for one person (maybe am a bit to worrying) but wouldnt ask her as she has 5 dc's of her own and is not even family.
Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that was in the same position in the past/present and what your opinions/experiences are??
Like i say though i am thinking of the FUTURE and not right away as me and ds are both happy with things the way they are now and i know that it would have to be a very special person for me to be able to trust them and they would have to be perfect for ds above all else otherwise it would be out of the question.
Sorry to ramble on for so long!...........

singledadofthree Sat 28-Jul-07 22:31:37

hi - seems like youre the only one whos talkative here . as far as your question goes tho, nah, course it wont just be the two of you. you never know whats round the corner.

talkative Sat 28-Jul-07 22:44:42

i see what you mean about being talkative, lol! only one reply to my thread .
its easy to say that you never know whats around the corner but how am i to meet anyone when i never really go out on my own (without ds) do people meet in the park?? or at the farm ect!!??

singledadofthree Sat 28-Jul-07 23:35:43

at the farm? what are you - a shepherd?..altho dont get me started, have enough bother with sheep jokes coming from yorkshire. tend to find tho, things turn up when youre least expecting them.

ChorusLine Sat 28-Jul-07 23:46:31

Hi Talkative - I am exactly the same been alone since pregnancy DS now 21 months. I sometimes think it will be us forever as like you it would have to be someone extra extra special for the trust element....

People always say to me you just haven't met the right person yet/you don't know whats round the corner etc...and it so annoys me . I hate men!!!

Sorry singledad - but am a yorkshire girl so please forgive me!

singledadofthree Sat 28-Jul-07 23:59:37

must admit it sounded a bit crappy clichey when i typed it, was just me eternal optimism, so no worries.

AMAZINWOMAN Sun 29-Jul-07 07:55:22

soon your ds will be in nursery or school, which will give you a precious few hours alone on a regular basis. You can use this time to use dating websites/meet new people on courses etc

pirategirl Sun 29-Jul-07 19:53:24

hi i can seriously empathise with you, i keep thinking thats it I'm washed up, mainky cos I am old and live in the tiniest place!!

Yet who knows just what IS around the corner. When you have some more free time, you might well find your horizons broadening.

You seem very friendly and grounded, I am sure you will be cool.

we'll all have to keep each other informed!!

beller Mon 30-Jul-07 12:46:25

Hi Talkative..

im 18 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend has decided he dosnt want to be a dad agan...so i WILL be a single parent...we are still talking, but thats about it....I wonder what the future has in store...but i have motherhood to tackle first!!!

jellyjelly Mon 30-Jul-07 15:36:38

Is it your first bellar?

talkative Mon 30-Jul-07 21:29:31

Hey everyone and thanks for your replys, and to beller i am sorry to hear that your ex is acting like this, men like that anger me so much but i can assure you that whether he decides to be there or not motherhood is the most fantastic, rewarding and amazing thing in the world!!
And to all of you who have said that the right person is out there somewhere im sure thats the case but they really would have to be extra special!!
All i know though is that i will never go searching for love as i truly believe in fate and if something is meant to be it will be, i thank god every day that i have a happy healthy son and i know that no matter what life throws at us we will be happy together!
Sorry if that sounded slightly cheesy by the way just get carried away at how happy ds makes me sometimes.

sweeties Mon 30-Jul-07 22:06:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

orangehead Mon 30-Jul-07 22:45:53

I was in same situation with two ds thought Id be alone forever as never went out as had no one to babysit and thought who would want me with two kids, also wasnt sure I wanted anyone again. But without sounding to corney life has a funny way of turning things around. I fell 4 a family friend who I have known all my life, 4 yrs ago i would of never of imagined us being 2geva. It sounds like yr doing the right thing now - enjoying being a mum

beller Tue 31-Jul-07 15:11:36

jellyjelly- yes it will be my first x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now