Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CSA guy came to my house today

(5 Posts)
Ulysees Thu 05-Jul-07 17:08:36

Do they speak a different language or what? I had to repeat myself over and over. Think he was trying to catch me out.
Anyway, even though I'm on IS he reckons if ex has the boys 3 nights a week I may lose Child benefit?
He kept asking how many nights ex had dss since I left in March and I said I hadn't bothered keeping check seen as ex hasn't paid me regularly. I suppose I should've done. ex has kept a diary apparently.
I've made an appointment with a solicitor next week to go for a divorce as he isn't bothering. Plus to protect myself too.

CaptainUnderpants Thu 05-Jul-07 17:27:40

I know that if DC stay with ann ex partner for more than 52nigts in a year that it can affect maintenance payments.

Dont know about child benefit.

Why dont you phone Child Benefit office and ask ?

Number here

They are open until 8pm .

Tinkerbel5 Thu 05-Jul-07 20:36:07

your ex might have the boys 3 nights per week but you are still the parent with care so will receive the child related benefits, I think the guy is talking rubbish.

MascaraOHara Thu 05-Jul-07 20:38:53

If parenting is 50/50 he won't have to pay via the CSA you will still be entitled to Child Benefit, tax credit etc

Ulysees Thu 05-Jul-07 20:54:32

thanks everyone, he was a right prat.
Thanks for the phone number CU, will ring them tomorrow xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now