Talk

Advanced search

Tinder. Double message acceptable?

(5 Posts)
enidlowrij Wed 30-Jan-19 19:24:09

Ive recently downloaded timder. Ive been very fussy and narrowed 2000 likes to 10 matches and the one guy i was most excited about hasnt answered, hes not the best looking out my matches probably second to last really but i want him to reply just because of his job and pictures just seemed interesting/compatible! Should i double message... I sent him how are you? You have a really interesting job and two emojis of his job. Why dont people just unmatch if not interested like i do. I dont want to sound desprate but then again i dont want to unmatch and regret. Honestly i dont care if the others dont reply/dont message me at all. This is the only guy i messaged first. I did wait 2 days after matching. I hate this. Being 21 and single was so much easier.

OP’s posts: |
whatsthepointthen Wed 30-Jan-19 20:25:46

No dont send another
message. It screams desperation!

ohhi Sun 03-Feb-19 18:13:23

You are going to need to grow a much thicker skin if you are using dating apps. It's pretty ruthless out there so be prepared to be ignored before and even after meeting these people confused

ChristmasSnow Sun 03-Feb-19 18:15:09

You messaged him because of his job...
Good money is it???

Whatififall Sun 03-Feb-19 19:52:04

I have a friend in the Police. I said he should go on uniformdating.com and he had a big rant about how he wouldn’t go out with someone who was just interested in his job / uniform....

Although the guy you’ve messaged wouldntbhave put it on his profile if that was the case here.

Regardless, don’t message twice.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in