Talk

Advanced search

Child maintenance payments

(8 Posts)
ChristmasUsername Fri 18-Jan-19 03:18:41

Could anyone tell me please why my collect and pay is showing a higher amount than what I've received? Does it ever come in split payments for example (so may get another within the 2-5 days). It's for one child and its a new set up.

OP’s posts: |
Smotheroffive Fri 18-Jan-19 03:22:08

They can only forward what he pays CMS. Maybe he didn't pay the full amount, the full amount should be received by the payment date or they will have to pursue him for it.

ChristmasUsername Fri 18-Jan-19 09:07:32

I was under the impression it came right off his wages along with his other payments to the other mothers. A leopard doesn't change his spots it would seem! Maybe they're giving him a chance to pay himself before taking it directly?!

SuperLoudPoppingAction Fri 18-Jan-19 09:09:19

If it comes out of his wages, they take a cut for themselves. That should be on your letter from them though.

ChristmasUsername Fri 18-Jan-19 09:21:59

Just reread the letter and that's indeed what it says - they can only pay if he pays. On the phone I was told that it'd come from his wage along with the other arrangement already set up. So it must be via standing order or something. They also said on the phone that the amounts would differ due to the back payments required between application and set up. Do I need to contact them or will they just chase the money without my intervention? Thank you for your answers!

eve34 Fri 18-Jan-19 11:51:43

I would phone them. See hat is happening. But they will take 4% of your amount for themselves. I assumed it was direct from their wages.

donnalouise1977 Fri 18-Jan-19 23:02:55

You can log on to your account online and view payments etc. I find it really useful

Smotheroffive Sat 19-Jan-19 00:32:19

If he doesnt pay them by the required time the next step would be to start deducting from his wage directly. Easiest to give them a quick call, but they will know alreadybthat he is late, or fallen into arrears already. They should write to you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in