Talk

Advanced search

Seeing Daddy for 2nd time!!

(10 Posts)
claire2510 Sat 30-Jun-07 11:50:55

Well after Sundays successfull visit i think my ex wants nominating for father of the year!! After 4 and half years of nothing i have been in undated with emails and calls about DS. How he can just switch onto all this i dont know. So we have agreed to meet again on Monday DS is very excited about it! So we will see how it goes! DS has spoken of him a lot this week but im sure thats novelty. After all he suddenly has a daddy and he feels proud!!

pirategirl Sat 30-Jun-07 11:52:24

bless him, ds not ex i mean.

I truly hope he will continue to keep up the contact.

what were his excuses for the last 4 yrs tho??

claire2510 Sat 30-Jun-07 12:03:13

he had never seen him till last sunday and now he wants to all the time, men eh? took a lot for me to let him in i'll tell you!!

kimi Sat 30-Jun-07 12:22:56

At 4 maybe your ex see's your DS as a real person and not so demanding as a baby, wow what a great dad , ok son now you no longer cry, up chuck, poop your pants and can communicate i will take an interest in you.

Claire you are doing a great job of being a mum, I don't think I would be as noble after so long with no interest.

TaylorsMummy Sat 30-Jun-07 16:37:00

i don't know the full story but please be careful.it's very brave of you to let him back into his life after so long.i'm not sure i could.but your son has a lot to lose at this age and it would horrible if he walks out on him again.please be careful not to overdo the contact and try not to build it up too much.i'd also be careful about calling him daddy too.it's harder to lose a daddy than someone you have introduced by their name,imo.

brandy7 Sat 30-Jun-07 19:43:45

hi claire, have to agree with taylorsmummy,really pleased for your little one BUT my ex came into my sons life aged 8 and was all over him for all of two months then dropped him like a ton of bricks. doesnt even get a card off him now, had to have counselling to get over his anger and now says he hates him

glitterfairy Sun 01-Jul-07 10:16:51

I would echo these posts be careful. If it works it would be fab but he has been absent for four years for a reason.
<<hijack>> |Brandy how are you?

brandy7 Sun 01-Jul-07 15:23:18

hi glitterfairy, fine ta, hope you ok. not looking forward to ds's week stay at great ormond street next week now, its right next to the train station,with all these blinkin terrorists popping up everywhere again

glitterfairy Sun 01-Jul-07 15:34:50

You are probably safest in the hopsital then! I really hope it goes well and you get the answers you so deserve. When do you go?

brandy7 Sun 01-Jul-07 16:10:25

go in on monday 9th so got a week to go, in for the whole week, im sure theyll sort him out, about time eh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now