Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need advice/help/reassurance etc pls re tax credits/IS

(9 Posts)
QueenEagle Mon 25-Jun-07 17:04:04

Does anyone have any idea how much help I could expect to get (if any) on a salary of just under £21,000, childcare costs of £120 per week with regard to housing benefit, income support etc? I have 5 kids aged 15, 13, 11, 4 and 2. Live in lovely HA house so no prob there, just need financial advice. I am assuming dh would pay maintenance, does this affect any IS award/eligibility?

Thanks.

Miaou Mon 25-Jun-07 17:04:59

No advice QE, but I didn't know you had split from dh, sorry to hear it

weebleswobble Mon 25-Jun-07 17:08:50

benefit calculator

You would get working tax credits, child tax credits and I think it's 70% of childcare costs. Maintenance is not taken into account when applying for WTC.

QueenEagle Mon 25-Jun-07 17:09:41

I haven't split from dh but it is on the cards, sadly. Need to check how it would leave me.

claire2510 Mon 25-Jun-07 17:31:58

Income support wont be paid if your working it is working tax credit you would get! by claiming working tax you get child care allowance of 70% paid. The max housing benefit is £92 a week well it is in this area!Child tax credit would be paid too! Citizens advice be good for info and local benefits office!

Best of luck xx

Rosasmum Mon 25-Jun-07 19:00:30

Unfortunately you won't be eligible for IS if you work 16 hours a week or more and housing benefit differs from council to council. You should be getting Child Tax Credit and Working Tax credit. Working Tax credit includes assisstance for Childcare.

This link should help you find out more, http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/TaxCredits/DG_1003 9727. Contact your council about Housing Benefit.

HappyMummyOfOne Mon 25-Jun-07 19:23:32

On a salary of £21k most councils wont help with housing benefit but they all differ. You should get tax credit though and the usual family allowance plus any agreed maintenance.

jellyjelly Tue 26-Jun-07 17:06:32

Sorry to hear that you could be splitting. When i split with my ex i found the cab to be not very helpful and gingerbread to be far better as they themselves have or are single parents so know what to advise.

Good luck

QueenEagle Wed 27-Jun-07 07:41:39

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now