Talk

Advanced search

Effect on CTC/CSA by overnighters?

(6 Posts)
agnesnitt Sun 24-Jun-07 21:13:10

What effect would my ex-partner having (or him saying he has <rollseyes>) our daughter for overnight visits have on the amount of CSA he has to pay and the CTC I receive?

Just looking for information really.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows, I'm suffering pregnancy brain and can't seem to get my head round it all :s

Agnes

twinsetandpearls Sun 24-Jun-07 21:14:42

How many overnighters, if it is one or even two nights a week it makes no difference.

agnesnitt Sun 24-Jun-07 21:24:57

He's being really vague about it. He said 'a few'... To be frank I think he's after paying less CSA but I'm not willing to lie so it would all have to be from him as far as the agencies are concerned.

Agnes

Rosasmum Sun 24-Jun-07 21:57:40

I don't think your CTC is effected because that is based on your income - wages.

If your lo stays with him between 52 & 103 nights per year, they can reduce your maintenance by one seventh.
104 to 155 nights - reduced by two sevenths
156 to 174 nights - reduced bo three sevenths
175 nights or more - reduced by hald and then reduced again by a further £7 a week.

Found this info here: Page 19
http://www.csa.gov.uk/en/PDF/leaflets/new/CSL303.pdf

agnesnitt Sun 24-Jun-07 22:01:31

At the minute I'm not employed. Am 36 weeks pregnant, and am having to put off a return to study for a year to have the baby.

It's all too complicated for words.

Agnes

HappyMummyOfOne Mon 25-Jun-07 19:26:28

If your claiming Income Support they only allow you to keep £10 of any maintenance unless your maintenance is more than the income support in which case they just cancel the income support. If your on good terms and on income support, you may be able to come to an agreement between yourselves re the number of nights as it wont affect the £10 you receive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now