Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Meeting Daddy for first time today!!

(25 Posts)
claire2510 Sun 24-Jun-07 07:40:22

Well i havent slept or eaten all week and im exausted. However after 4 years and 4 months my DS is meeting his daddy for first time today! My ex hasnt wanted anything to do with us untill recently (see no daddy but curious thread) So today is the day!! Emotionally it will be hard and hard to see my DS with my ex! However this is about my DS and not me! I am doing this for him! I hope my ex appreciates how lucky he is to be given this chance! And this is the only chance he gets!So i will post an update later wish me luck as i will need it! DS just keeps saying can we go yet? To him its an exciting time....kids they are so innocent arent they? Have a good day to all!!!!!

ChipButty Sun 24-Jun-07 07:43:25

Hope things go well. You are amazing to do this for your child.

claire2510 Sun 24-Jun-07 07:46:08

Thanks that means a lot!!

Speccy Sun 24-Jun-07 07:52:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

estobi1 Sun 24-Jun-07 07:56:58

Good luck - you are being very brave and I think you are great for being able to put your ds first - hope all goes well xx

TrinityRhino Sun 24-Jun-07 08:16:47

well done for putting your son first
Hope it all goes well
Take care xxx

Earlybird Sun 24-Jun-07 08:28:36

It is an important day for everyone. Can't imagine the butterflies in your tummy! Best of luck.

Have you thought about taking a photo of your ex with ds? Might be a nice thing for all to have...

Pinkchampagne Sun 24-Jun-07 08:28:43

What an amazing mum you are claire! Well done for doing this for your DS, you are very brave.

Hope all goes ok for you.xx

claire2510 Sun 24-Jun-07 09:01:33

im over whelmed with all the messgaes of support many many thanks!! I am going to take the camera, ds has a bag he has got lots of bits and bobs in it that he wants to show Daddy....thanks again x

mojosmum Sun 24-Jun-07 10:25:39

Good luck you are a strong person i hope everything goes well

glitterfairy Sun 24-Jun-07 10:29:00

Good luck Claire.

alittlebitshy Sun 24-Jun-07 10:32:15

well done - i can see how hard this is, and i think you're fabulous mummy for doing this for your little boy. I just hope exp appreciates it and takes his chance to make a relationship with his son!!!

flightattendant Sun 24-Jun-07 11:36:23

GOOD LUCK< I think you are amazing to do this and I hope it works out well.

{{{HUGS}}} let us know how you go xxx

suzycreamcheese Sun 24-Jun-07 11:39:24

good luck claire and your little ds too x

..he has a very lucky daddy..!!

me23 Sun 24-Jun-07 11:44:02

havent seen the oringinal thread, I hope it all goes well. I hope your ex is man enought to stand up to his responsibilities. My dd dad wasn't and she derserves much better, so for me I'm glad she hasn't got contact with him. I hope your ex realises what a wonderful experience he has missed out on. good luck

Aimsmum Sun 24-Jun-07 11:48:32

Message withdrawn

kel4mum Sun 24-Jun-07 11:53:00

Good luck Claire, we will all be thinking of you and ds. I hope he has a good time.

Your ex is a very lucky man.[happy]

Speccy Mon 25-Jun-07 07:28:45

claire2510 Mon 25-Jun-07 07:59:33

Well i have to say that i survived and actually had a nice few hours with the ex!!Shock horror!!and his new wife and his parents, what a family afair it was!!

DS saw daddy staright away (recongnised him from the picture) and flew at him like a bat out of hell shouting daddy daddy daddy!!It was hard to see but i was happy for my son!! Daddy gave him a football and DS was so happy he was introduced to people and i was to the new wife she bought me flowers!!So straight away it all seemed very happy very relaxed and fun for Jack. He was so daddy daddy daddy and that was great. He took a bag of bits and bobs to show him and a picture he had done! I just sat and let him do what he wanted talking to everyone and his mum and dad were great. They have wanted this for so long! So i had my doubts and this is the first step only but it was the biggest! DS and Daddy had their picture taken and even the ex said its like looking in the mirror!

So thank you all for your encouraging words and i will keep you updated on the latest! I hope its all positive! DS is overjoyed and feels proud i think. Well thats the impression im getting!! Glad its over and im looking forward to some feedback from the ex etc!!

Much love to everyone!! From a very releaved Claire xx i still feel im in control too which is good!! xx

Earlybird Mon 25-Jun-07 09:53:39

Sounds like it couldn't have gone better. I'm so glad for you and your ds.

Speccy Mon 25-Jun-07 10:09:00

skyatnight Mon 25-Jun-07 12:10:30

Well done Claire. I'm really pleased for you and your ds. It gives me hope.

alittlebitshy Mon 25-Jun-07 15:54:50

that is great to hear!

claire2510 Mon 25-Jun-07 16:03:56

Thank you to all for your words of acceptance and encouragment. DS has been asking when can i see daddy again etc. I have explained soon and me and the ex are looking at a regular pattern for DS sake. My ex has changed and thats good he needed to! So hoping this is the start of a good relationship between ds and father and me and my ex!! I am so happy with my life and he is too so it should all work out!!

Thank you again to all and if your struggeling with anything remember there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel!!

suzycreamcheese Mon 25-Jun-07 17:49:52

nice one claire!
am so glad it went this well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now