Advanced search

Should be receiving more child maintenance.

(6 Posts)
angelface74 Wed 31-Oct-18 16:25:56

I split from my ex h many years ago and we had a court order in place for contact and child maintenance. The contact was never stuck to and the maintenance never increased over the years. So 15 years on and I find myself in quite a different situation and I realise he is well underpaying maintenance for his son. How would you broach the conversation with him? WWYD in my situation?

OP’s posts: |
Starlight345 Wed 31-Oct-18 16:27:57

If he hasn’t offered in 15 years how old is child ?

SillySallySingsSongs Wed 31-Oct-18 16:28:52

How old is your son?

angelface74 Wed 31-Oct-18 16:33:24

He's 16 in FTE.

OP’s posts: |
Starlight345 Wed 31-Oct-18 16:50:45

I think it depends on your relationship with him , you could raise it with him. If he refuses go to cms

MissMalice Wed 31-Oct-18 16:51:46

I’d call the CMS today. They don’t backdate.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in