Talk

Advanced search

Bruise from dc fighting - would you raise this?

(10 Posts)
PinkCherryBlossomTree Thu 12-Jul-18 10:39:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
PinkCherryBlossomTree Thu 12-Jul-18 10:36:44

BounceAndClimb Thu 12-Jul-18 10:36:28

It sounds like he had planned for another adult to be there, and then didn't want to disappoint the DC when that fell through so took them anyway.
I would raise it though, but in a none hostile way, don't focus on the bruise as that sounds like its just a standard accident from children playing. (Though talk to your DS1 about it and have him make it up to your other DC in some way eg writing him a sorry letter or picture)

I would talk to him about safety in the pool though and say its against their rules to have more than 2 under 8's with one adult, and that if he is going to do it anyway that he needs to make sure none of the DC are left alone, so they need to be out of the pool for him using the slides. A suggestion could be to take them all to the top of the slide together then him go down first with the youngest and wait for the others at the bottom of the slide.

rainingcatsanddog Wed 11-Jul-18 16:17:30

It sounds like he is completely and utterly lacks any common sense when it comes to safety. angrysad

PinkCherryBlossomTree Sun 08-Jul-18 17:02:44

missyB1 Sun 08-Jul-18 15:33:13

Jeez some people are weird! Only on mn could people pretend that your kids aren’t your kids anymore when they go to stay with someone else, and that whatever happens to them there is absolutely fine, and you should keep your nose out.

Yes raise it for definite! He put all those kids at risk by taking too many little ones swimming, and then not being able to control what was happening. Swimming pools have these rules for good reasons.

rainingcatsanddog Sun 08-Jul-18 15:25:07

Have your younger children been hurt by the oldest on your watch? I'm going to bet they have because stuff like that is sometimes very fast.

Did your ex tell you why he didn't intervene? There could be a reason like dc2 annoying dc1 (?) I'm not saying the violence is ok, it's just sometimes siblings wind each other up.

Will ex listen to you if you talk to him about it? Or will he be more determined than ever to take them swimming in order to puss you off?

NorthernSpirit Sun 08-Jul-18 14:16:12

No, you have to leave dad to parent.

My DSD fractured her arm while with mum and the mum didn’t even think to mention it (DSD turned up in a cast). That’s an extreme example. But we leave mum to parent.

It’s a bruise. No big deal.

hmmwhatatodo Sun 08-Jul-18 14:08:22

No idea what the backstory is but I wouldn’t be raising it. I’d hate to have someone constantly checking up on me. Would never have occurred to me to call the leisure centre either.

PinkCherryBlossomTree Sun 08-Jul-18 08:58:35

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in