Talk

Advanced search

Cheating husband and pregnancy

(4 Posts)
emmalem28 Wed 13-Jun-18 01:23:01

Hi,
I'm new so please bear with me 😊
Basically, I have literally just split up with my husband of 7 months due to his complete and utter lack of respect for me. He has been gaslighting me for some years, making me feel like it was my fault he did bad things because of something trivial I'd done. The 'spanner in the works' is that he went abroad to work a couple of weeks ago, and we were trying for a baby at least for a couple of months before. He went out and slept with someone and showed no remorse and was trying to arrange another date (This is not the first time he's shown intention before (4 times) but never have I before had such conclusive evidence of physical misdeeds). I found out I was pregnant the week after he came back and we were both so happy. Then a week later I find out he's cheated on me. I moved 300 miles away from my friends and family to be with him and I want to move back home. My main question is should I get an abortion and does he have any right (legal or just moral) to have any say in my choice? I know it's ultmiately my decision to make (Im not asking for someone to make my decision for me) but I'd love some advice from people who have experienced this and how it affected them. I've always wanted to be a mum but I want to be in a happy, healthy and supportive relationship and I don't want any connection to him anymore. I also don't think he'll travel 300 miles to come see his kid. Thanks in advance xx

Hannabee123 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:14:46

Hi there sorry to hear about your situation.
He can not do anything to stop you from having an abortion legally. You could always not tell him? I know of someone in same situation and she said she lost it to prevent any fall out as her ex was really abusive. You can do it as privately as you wish. My sister had one a few years ago, it made her sad but it really wasn't the right time for her. She made the decision and now she has a beautiful son and couldn't be happier.
Moral of the stories really is do what you feel is right and whether you tell him or not is also up to you

emmalem28 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:55:37

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. My world's imploded and I don't know what I want anymore. X

Hannabee123 Wed 13-Jun-18 11:36:21

Take your time to think things through and decide what's best for you. I don't regret my child but if I could go back and wait longer to realise what a piece of crap my ex was I think things would be different

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: