Talk

Advanced search

Lonely weekends

(5 Posts)
pinkpixie83 Sat 12-May-18 10:11:29

Been having some issues with the kids and them going to dads, we do seem to be coming out the other side of it. They all seemed more relaxed to go today.

Silly thing is it bothers me as I realise I have nothing without them. I'm not facing the full weekend alone. My one friend who can normally be relied upon for a night out has let me down and I stuck.

OP’s posts: |
IceSwan Sat 12-May-18 10:12:12

Pamper night? Nice bath nice products, face mask?

Trashy mags, tv and takeaway?

TheFishInThePot Sat 12-May-18 11:04:44

I need to expand my social circle too. I've had a look on meetup.com which looks good. I think most people need a boost at some point.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Sat 12-May-18 11:08:46

A bit of self care is good for you & the kids. ( pamper stuff)
I have DS every other week. ( not my choice).
Tonight I’m meeting up in a bar to watch a band with some friends.
Try to do stuff you would need a babysitter for.
Don’t spend all the time catching up on housework.
Go to the movies, loads of people go alone

juneau Sat 12-May-18 11:11:34

I would look for things that happen at a regular time at the weekends - so a gym class at 10am Sat or Parkrun at 9am, a pottery class at 2pm, perhaps volunteer in a local shop in Sat afternoons, or meet up with another single parent for a dog walk - those kind of things. I think it's important to a) have things in your calendar, b) expand you social circle and c) ensure that you are seeing other people on at least one of the days (and preferably both). Do you go to church or would you like to? What did you used to do on the weekends before you had kids? Did you used to go to a certain coffee shop with the weekend papers? What about going to see a film? Going for a swim? A jog?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in