Advanced search

He withdrew the kids nursery fees!?!

(17 Posts)
Mybabiesandi Sat 10-Mar-18 21:03:49

My ex only moved out yesterday (my choice) and he is already showing his petty side! I checked the bank today and he has left us £40 to do for 2 weeks and also taken £800 of the kids nursery fees which was ment to be paid today! Said it's not his problem and he has to live for the next two weeks till payday!?! Wtf?? It's our kids nursery money! I'm am so angry that he could do this and I am dreading phoning the nursery on Monday! !!

OP’s posts: |
Aprilmightmemynewname Sat 10-Mar-18 21:05:36

Was it a joint account?

Mybabiesandi Sat 10-Mar-18 21:06:04

Yes it is x

OP’s posts: |
QuiteLikely5 Sat 10-Mar-18 21:07:58

Ask his parents to cover the cost

Shame him on FB

Avasarala Sat 10-Mar-18 21:08:33

Even though it's a joint account, could you call the police 101 number and tell them. It's joint money and he's taken it all - kind of sounds like stealing.

Mybabiesandi Sat 10-Mar-18 21:09:51

I'm so tempted! Why on earth does he need all that for 2 weeks and also the rest of the money he took yesterday!?! Yeah cause £40 for myself, a 3yr old and 5yr old is going to last for 2 weeks!!

OP’s posts: |
Fundays12 Sat 10-Mar-18 21:11:01

I would speak to his parents if they are decent I would be horrified if my son ever did that to his kids.

Mybabiesandi Sat 10-Mar-18 21:11:52

I didn't think of that! I will have too look into it tomorrow

OP’s posts: |
Avasarala Sat 10-Mar-18 21:16:25

It's not that late; you could probably ring his parents (if they have relationship with you and the kids) or ring 101 now to find out if you have options.

Faze84 Sat 10-Mar-18 21:20:56

What on earth will 101 do when he is legally on the account? Its his account too despite the knob head taking it out. Where has the law been broken here?

Good luck op I'd be furious.

MsHomeSlice Sat 10-Mar-18 21:22:25

i'd phone the bank and report his cards a s stolen, that should crimp his account emptying ways

at the same time get yourself a new account and get your wages/cb paid in there asap

NapQueen Sat 10-Mar-18 21:24:32

Turn up wherever he is at 7am tomorrow morning with the kids "here you go xh as the nursery cant take them for eight hours today because of you then you can sort it"

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sat 10-Mar-18 21:25:12

Oh good god I knew call 101 would be suggested.

Sadly he’s done nothing legally wrong even though morally he’s a shit.

Honesty call 101 just sounds like the adult version of ‘I’m telling!’

Mybabiesandi Sat 10-Mar-18 21:26:34

Now that is a great idea! I'm going to get it paid into my mums account and he can get stuffed now. Just really worried about what the nursery will say as I work full time and need them to be in there x

OP’s posts: |
Avasarala Sat 10-Mar-18 21:29:16

It could easily be classed as financial abuse; it has been in similar reported cases, which is a crime after they overvalued the domestic abuse guidelines. Since 101 was set up for non-emergency problems, it might be worth a call. A chat from the police might encourage him to give some money back. What's her other options... survive on £40 with 2 kids to feed?

Faze84 Sat 10-Mar-18 22:40:07

Phone the bank and advise there is a marital dispute. They have departments for this. Although the entire account may be frozen.

Stinkbomb Sat 10-Mar-18 22:47:42

Does he work full time too? It's not just you that needs the childcare, you both do.
I would also start keeping a note of these sorts of incidents for future divorce & financial provision purposes.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in