Advanced search

How do I get the ball rolling on my CSA case? Been half a year now

(8 Posts)
PeppyPiggy Sat 10-Feb-18 19:44:32

My daughters father disputed parentage and then messed around saying he couldn't pay for a DNA test, then was impossible to get hold of. He did this for 5 months, even though I received a form saying that in those circumstances they would progress the case without DNA testing! For the whole five months, every time I called the office they said "we'll get back to you this week", I called EVERY week and they only once ever called me back.

We've done our DNA test!! There is nothing left to prove yet again every time I call the office all I get is "we'll get back to you this week". I'm really sick of feeling like I'm talking to a brick wall every time I call the Child Maintenance office. There is nothing left going on with my case, nothing to dispute, no reason for payments not to start.

My daughter has started childcare so I can study, I'm out of my depth in debt now. Does anyone know how I can efficiently get the ball rolling on my CSA case, please let me know.

ThisLittleKitty Sat 10-Feb-18 22:11:01

Is it he not working or claiming benefits? I applied recently and it was very straight forward (though ex is on benefits so we will get pennies) I'm guessing they are struggling to trace him?? Apparently going to the mp is suppose to help but it's not something I would do personally.

PeppyPiggy Sat 10-Feb-18 22:43:45

He has a job, we've done a DNA test. They've told me all they need to do now is sort out payments but each time I call they say they'll get back to me and this seems to be the way the whole case has been for 6 months now

Dancingfairy Sat 10-Feb-18 23:01:18

Oh that's ridiculous then!! Put in a complaint if you haven't already. There's really no excuse. I applied less than a month ago and just got a letter to say I would get the first payment this coming week. They actually told me it usually takes around 3 weeks after calling for payments to start.

wheresmyphone Sat 10-Feb-18 23:08:05

Call Citizens Advice:they can help
You find out if there are any deadlines and how to complain,

ilovewelshrarebit123 Sat 10-Feb-18 23:10:23

Ask for your case to be escalated to someone senior and get your MP involved to, 6 months is just ridiculous.

Starlight2345 Sun 11-Feb-18 18:19:09

I am with the other ask to speak to someone higher . Ask for complaints procedure , and mp . Do it all.

jaimelannistersgoldenhand Tue 13-Feb-18 18:32:08

Contact your MP. They can make things happen quicker. thanksthanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: