Talk

Advanced search

20 Month Old Sharing Bedroom

(4 Posts)
FTMum2016 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:17:16

Back story - me and ex split when I was pregnant, he has seen our little girl once a week since she was born. He has just started asking for overnights. However I have agreed to every other Saturday night on the agreement that he provides everything and learns her bedtime routine first. He has just told me that he will get her her own bed but she will have to share a room with him and his girlfriend as he still lives with his mum. I have my own home and she has her own room and sleeps in a proper bed and has done for months. Am I wrong to not want her sharing a room? I’ve worked so hard ON MY OWN to get her into a routine etc i resent letting him change it because he’s finally decided to play dad.

Dancingfairy Thu 08-Feb-18 22:57:20

Yabu I slept in a one bed flat with 3 kids. You do realise if you live in a council house your not immediately given an extra room when you have one child so lots of people share with their kids.

Phillipa12 Fri 09-Feb-18 09:27:15

She will still be in a routine at your house, they quickly adapt and know what they can get away with with each parent. Im afraid you are being unreasonable, save your battles for the important stuff, this really isnt one of them!

Billi77 Fri 09-Feb-18 22:00:56

I have to admit, I wouldn't like this one little bit! As for what to do about it, that's another thing. Does the girlfriend have to be there? That's the bit i struggle with most, not the routine interference. YABU expecting him to obey your routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now