Talk

Advanced search

SAHM single parent losing her MIND!!!

(7 Posts)
lilac23 Tue 06-Feb-18 19:00:37

Hello,

I feel like I am losing all momentum where parentings concerned. DS is 7 months old now and I almost just can't be bothered anymore to run about like I used to. Started spending more and more time on my phone and leaving him to play on his own even though I know how bad this is but I just feel like I never get one second to myself. Also starting to resent family and DS's part time dad whenever they don't take him for a few hours like they're meant to (we have a routine where he goes out for 2-3 hours 3 days a week) because it's the only break I get.

DS wakes up 5-15 times a night, have to keep getting up to put dummy back in, or for milk etc have tried night weaning was working to an extent until he got poorly so had a sleep regression, I'm barely sleeping and it's starting to wear me down.

Then there's my outside of baby life and I don't have the time/effort/energy to speak to anyone nor do I really want to. I just feel so lazy and trapped, it's really starting to get me down, I feel like everyone's judging me. Try to keep myself and baby constantly doing something because I dread having to stay in the house all day alone with him looking for new ways to entertain him without the TV.

Has anyone else ever felt like this? How do you entertain baby all day long? Any advice for night times?

Thank you in advance sad xxxx

ThisLittleKitty Tue 06-Feb-18 19:15:59

I have 4 kids lol exe doesn't see them at all. You just have to get on with it tbh. No other choice.

Kingsclerelass Thu 08-Feb-18 05:01:29

Sounds like a combination of exhaustion, a poorly baby, February (cold, dreary) and a touch of the baby blues. I got exactly that, and the same time of year.

If you've coped for 7 months on your own, you are doing brilliantly but you need a boost. You need to make your occasional 2 hours really count.

NExt time you have a couple of hours, have a plan ready to go as soon as you are alone. I did bath, candles, music, cake, manicure, pedicure and sleep. And get some flowers - daffodils are cheap - somehow they make everything feel more cheerful. I didn't want to go out, I just needed to be on my own not be me plus 1.

You've got six weeks until the weather improves and life gets more bearable. cakewine

flumpybear Thu 08-Feb-18 05:07:59

Can you return to work in say a few months time? I found maternity leave awful bit working mum is fine as I get normal me time at work and mummy time at home

My kids are both at school now but early years are so tiring you do need support - start being a little more insistent baby's dad takes him Shen planned and perhaps longer and over night too

Theducksarenotmyfriends Thu 08-Feb-18 06:02:17

I felt exactly like that and I have a supportive partner! Some days I just couldn't wait for him to be home so I could hand baby over and get a break. The sleep deprivation is killer and is probably colouring everything else in terms of how you're feeling, I know it seriously affected my mental health. (My dd now sleeps through the night - it does happen eventually!)

But you're doing a brilliant job. I'd suggest turning tv off if you can, baby doesn't need it and at that age my dd could happily entertain herself if I provided different toys or read to her. I just used to get out to all the baby groups I could, for my own sanity! So I could chat with other adults while baby happily plays and sees other kids.

2wild Thu 08-Feb-18 07:03:52

Yes lack of sleep is awful I have 3. And when the last two were that young I felt like a zombie.
It's hard, and it's difficult to entertain a 7 month old continuously.
Drag yourself to baby groups it will help break up the days.
It won't always be like this however winter is a bit more glum. I'm getting fed up of the cold. Stuck indoors. Make plan so you have things to look forward to.
At that age you can start sleep training it will benefit you both. Hope you feel better soon.

BlackeyedSusan Fri 09-Feb-18 07:12:44

you called?

oh you

sorry.

you are knackered, that is why you have lost your oomph.

we co slept in the end. at least you did not have to get upright to tend the baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: