Talk

Advanced search

Marriage breakdown

(5 Posts)
Phillipa12 Mon 05-Feb-18 13:16:42

Child maintenance for 6 children will be something he has to pay you regardless! Phone gingerbread and obtain as much financial paperwork as possible, also if you can prove that you are seperated even though you are living in the same house you will be entitled to benefits, child benefit being one. Whatever you do stay put the house is a marital assett and get yourself a free 30 mins with a solicitor.

Whoknows11 Mon 05-Feb-18 13:10:06

He sounds awful! How did he get so heartless? Remind him that your job raising your children is on equal level to his ‘paid’ job and if it wasn’t for you he wouldn’t be able to go out and work as I’m sure childcare for 6 children wouldn’t make it worth his while!
If you’re married you have rights. Stay put, don’t let him force you to leave. You have a right to stay in your house with your children. He can’t force you out.

Solicitors give 30 mins free so quickly ring one and see where you stand.

Stay strong and don’t agree to anything x

Shazolly Mon 05-Feb-18 12:26:08

Thank you for your reply, is it still you get the first hour free to see a solicitor? Got no money whatsoever. At the min my husband is saying “if I don’t leave the house then I can just stay here but he won’t give me any money for food or he won’t pay the bills”. Basically he will try and drive me out 😢

OP’s posts: |
Skedaddled Mon 05-Feb-18 11:25:25

you do not need to leave the house. Regardless of names on mortgages being married means the house is yours too, and your children are entitled to a home. First port of call needs to be a solicitor to protect you and your children, try and obtain paperwork showing financial details like bank balances, amount of mortgage outstanding. I’m not an expert but a family solicitor will be.

Shazolly Mon 05-Feb-18 11:11:42

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice please? I’m currently living with my husband and 6 kids but today he’s told me that he doesn’t want to be with me anymore and I have to leave the house. We have been married for 7 years, been together for 15. The house he bought before we got together and I’m not down on the mortgage. I am currently not working as my husband has been the one who brings the money in whilst I stayed at home looking after the kids. I really don’t know what to do as iv literally got no family around here, no money and he’s now took the car that we shared off me. I feel completely lost and I’m worried how can I sort myself and my 6 kids out.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in