Talk

Advanced search

Single Parent Holidays

(7 Posts)
jj72uk Mon 05-Feb-18 09:59:51

Hi all, single dad (widower) with 3 young children here.

I really want to go away on holiday this year with my kids after a couple of really tough years, they've never been abroad so will be nice for them after whats happened.

I'm finding it really hard to find package holidays catered for single parents. For example if I do a holiday search for 1 Adult 3 Children I literally get 0 results. As soon as I make it 2 Adults 3 Children I get a load back.

Just wondering what to do, if anyone has any tips on booking holidays etc. I'm not really fussed about special holidays for single parents, group holidays etc, happy to go away with just me and my kids.

Thanks.

SpicyTomatos Mon 05-Feb-18 10:12:10

I think you are doing something wrong with the search or the website. e.g. I went to First Choice, picked Greece, 5th Aug +- 3 days and 3 children and it produced 87 holidays.

ThisLittleKitty Mon 05-Feb-18 10:14:05

Sounds difficult. How old are the children? Could you pay for one as an adult? If I remember correctly it doesn't work out the much difference in price. Or call one of the travel companies and see what they advise??

bekindtome Mon 05-Feb-18 10:14:52

I'm a single parent of 3 and I find loads of holidays available. Try changing your availability or holiday provider

CapnHaddock Mon 05-Feb-18 10:16:13

I've just looked on booking.com and there are 28,000 properties if you search for 1 adult and 3 kids under 12 in Spain 1st week of summer holidays.

It's you, not them.

Everywhereilookaround Sat 10-Feb-18 07:52:59

Hi. It's not easy planning a holiday on your own with kids, but can be lots of fun. I get my lad involved with the planning and research so he gets really excited. A holiday abroad sounds like a lovely treat for you all. I've not been brave enough to try abroad yet, but last year I did a road trip to the outer Hebrides and it was amazing. Used air BnB plus camping. We met people as we went along and my lad made a friend on one campsite and we had some great adventures. I'm sure camping isn't everyone's taste.. but it was easy, relaxed and fun. Enjoy whatever you find. Gingerbread might be a good place to try. www.gingerbread.org.uk
smile

Jade2018 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:03:38

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend anywhere abroad could take my 2 year old please? I'm recently widowed and really struggling to find somewhere appropriate for us both. Am thinking of going away just before summer hols for a week.

Any recommendations would be very appreciated.

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: