Talk

Advanced search

AIBU for being messy?

(4 Posts)
boboismylove Wed 24-Jan-18 20:59:30

I'm a single mum to a 10 month old. Recently friends who come round - and I've had a couple of people staying recently - have been having a go at me for being messy. Everyday I wash the clothes/ dishes/ tidy up at the end of the day, but mess can build up during the day because I don't always tidy up immediately! A cleaner also comes a few hours every 2 weeks.

I work part time from home which was giving me time to keep up with housework but I've also been dealing with phd applications the last month which has been taking up a lot of spare time and I'm totally exhausted - but this will all be over in around a week, but my friends are making me feel so guilty.

I don't know how much housework is normal for a family situation - my artsy family was extremely messy, so i don't know if they are good standards.

OP’s posts: |
BeauMirchoff Wed 24-Jan-18 21:02:41

With friends like that who needs enemies, ey?

BeauMirchoff Wed 24-Jan-18 21:04:10

You're doing great. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty over a little mess. Jeeez. Some people.

DontDIY Wed 24-Jan-18 21:58:11

OP, that’s rotten of them. A decent friend would discreetly help you out - wash a few dishes, etc.

Don’t be hard on yourself. I’d rather be a wee bit messy than a big bit bloody rude! flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in