Talk

Advanced search

Single parents & churchy schools

(3 Posts)
Wyrdesista Mon 04-Dec-17 23:24:20

My dd is starting school next year and I like the c of e school in the village.There are only 100 pupils on roll and the school is quite religious.

On the schools twitter page they showed the Vicar doing a mock marriage ceremony with reception and the parents were all invited,kids all dressed up,etc.The word marriage was on a banner in the background.

I’m unmarried and my dd has no contact with her dad.im worried that sending her to a small religious school will make her feel conscious of our situation (even though very normal!) and just wondered if anyone had experience of this?Am I being silly to even think it?

The school is very nice,there is a feeling of cliqueyness there but not sure how that would affect dd.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 04-Dec-17 23:50:43

did not even cross my mind when dd did the same topic in Y2, other than being relieved she did not have a main part and need to dress up in something difficult to source.

Kingsclerelass Fri 08-Dec-17 02:31:38

You're not silly but it will be ok. About a third of kids live in single parent homes now. Families really do come in all shapes & sizes so no one will bat an eyelid. My ds is at a similar small village school and it just hasn't been a problem. They are more worried about how many cakes I can donate to the bake sale.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: