Advanced search

Advice needed if possible

(4 Posts)
hayleyjones2701 Sun 03-Dec-17 20:43:33

Hi there,
I'm looking for advice for my friend who is a single parent of 1 little girl... her little girl has medical issues which my friend has been to the doctors about with her ex (child's father) and the doctor has given them both a list of do's and dont's to stick by to try to pin point the problem... my friend is struggling a bit because when the little girl goes to her dad's he is not sticking by these does and dont's which is causing the little girl to be a nightmare because she can't understand why mummy won't give her what she wants when daddy does. My friend has tried countless times to discuss these matters with th ex but he continues not to listen... I was wondering if anyone can give advice on where to go next on this matter or if anybody knows if there is any legal advice we could take as the ex just won't listen and my friend is at her witts end with it all as she doesn't know what to do to help her daughter... thanks for reading x

RedastheRose Sun 03-Dec-17 20:49:45

I think it probably depends on what the medical issue is and the doctors advice. If it is something that could cause long term problems for the child then she should speak to the doctor and explain the problem and if he/she says it's essential for the child's welfare then they may have to get social services involved. Presumably they can formally request that he follows the doctors advice and if he still refuses to do so go to court to get an order whereby contact may be limited.

hayleyjones2701 Sun 03-Dec-17 22:05:48

It is stomach issues so the list is do's and dont's on what to eat but I don't understand why he is not sticking by them as he has very bad stomach issues himself x

RedastheRose Mon 04-Dec-17 21:43:20

Stubbornness, laziness, deliberately being obstructive, trying to be the favourite parent by giving her 'nice' things to eat, who know why he's doing it. Perhaps she should talk to him again and tell him that he's delaying sorting out something that's causing his daughter pain. If he still won't follow the rules then talk to the doctors and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: