Talk

Advanced search

Ex getting babies name wrong

(18 Posts)
ThisLittleKitty Sat 02-Dec-17 12:42:56

Ex gets getting his baby daughters name wrong and it's really starting to grate! Would this annoy anyone else? I've told him and he's even written it down! (Yes he literally needed to write it down to remind himself) he even told his sister the wrong name. And god knows who else. How can you not get your own kids name right?!

Emabrmsca Sat 02-Dec-17 13:13:54

That's awful! I'd hate that.

FitBitFanClub Sat 02-Dec-17 13:27:16

Was he not involved in the process of naming her, then?

blueskyinmarch Sat 02-Dec-17 13:28:17

That is terrible. Did he want to call her something else and is doing this to get back at you?

RoganJosh Sat 02-Dec-17 13:29:08

How wrong is he getting it?

ThisLittleKitty Sat 02-Dec-17 13:49:53

Without using the name as it's quite uncommon but not "out there" an example would be calling her Stacey when her name is Lucy (Those aren't the names). He never expressed any interest in names and never spoke about any so I'm not sure it's that, but then I'm also finding really hard to believe he just can't get the name right.

blueskyinmarch Sat 02-Dec-17 13:53:35

So not even close then? Not like saying Marie when her name is Mary?

ThisLittleKitty Sat 02-Dec-17 13:59:12

No definitely two very different sounding names

Gazelda Sat 02-Dec-17 13:59:52

Was he involved in choosing the name?

ThatEscalatedQuickly Sat 02-Dec-17 14:00:42

Is it a name more common in other countries? I'm thinking of the difficulties non Irish speakers have with Irish names. Not that that's any excuse.

ThisLittleKitty Sat 02-Dec-17 14:41:35

It's not an English name but I don't think it's difficult to pronounce, he has pronounced it but then still calls her the other name. Although they are similar sounding there completely different names. No he had no same in choosing the name.

Gazelda Sat 02-Dec-17 19:06:49

In that case then, it sounds as though he is deliberately trying to wind you up. Ignore him.

mustbemad17 Sat 02-Dec-17 19:09:28

Ex & his family did this. A lot. Cards & letters were always written in the wrong name!! Bastards

IAmAShitHotLawyer Sat 02-Dec-17 19:13:19

It's deliberate. Do the same to him.

ThisLittleKitty Sat 02-Dec-17 20:39:12

Yeh I think it is. Again it's like calling chloe, Zoe. That kind of thing. It's definitely not him mispronuncing. It's a whole different name just similar sounding.

WellThisIsShit Sat 02-Dec-17 20:42:29

Do you think he’s doing it on purpose?

Or is it merely a sign that he has so little respect for his own baby he simply can’t be bothered to remember her name?

Either way isn’t exactly great is it?! Poor you.

ForgotwhatIcameinherefor Tue 12-Dec-17 00:04:43

If it is Aeshya /Alisha - there are both of these in one of my DD's class at school and I keep mispronouncing/mixing them up.

ThisLittleKitty Sun 17-Dec-17 12:45:21

It is actually quite similar to those names. I can get getting them mixed up but not your own daughters iyswim, and then there's two in the class so two to get confused with he isn't getting the name confused with anyone else's as we don't know any one with the other name. Anyway as it's happens her hasn't seen her in 6 weeks now anyway so he wasn't that bothered.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: