Talk

Advanced search

Ex likened daughter to a car he doesn't use

(6 Posts)
user1473756940 Tue 07-Nov-17 09:14:33

To say I'm disgusted is an understatement.

Ex doesn't see out daughter and hasn't for nearly 18th months since the last time he did he refused to return her to my care and forced to make fake abuser allegations. I have since said he can only see her in a supervised environment and he has refused to take me up on that offer. He also doesn't pay any maintenance towards her.

I recently had a letter of the CSA (or whatever they are called these days) saying he needs to pay a fiver a week, I presume it is to do with his large amount of arrears with them. I don't pursue maintenance from him as in my experience its a waste of time and I am fully able to financially support my daughter. However, I contacted him to ask if he would be paying it. And he said' YOU DON'T PAY TO PUT PETROL IN A CAR YOU DON'T USE!' I am just gobsmacked by this response.

I needed to just rant and get this out somewhere because I am both angry and upset for my daughter that her own father would disregard her so badly. It just reaches new levels of low.

I am not a vengeful person but I just wish there was some way he would be made to pay or shamed for his behaviour. Because he just gets away with it and continues like this because he thinks it is acceptable and never gets pulled up on it.

gamerchick Tue 07-Nov-17 09:19:50

But he will be shamed. Kids grow up, make their own opinions about their deadbeat parent. My ex bleats on to anyone who will listen about how his kids hate him but he brought it on himself.

Cheeseontoastie Tue 07-Nov-17 09:42:00

Wow nasty piece of work and really not comparable.

Happyemoji Tue 07-Nov-17 09:46:59

He will grow old and lonely know one will want to know him or see him.

Sickofthisalready Fri 10-Nov-17 16:58:45

What an utter piece of shit.

My DS has a similar poor excuse for a father. Seems to be rather common these days sadly.

Hope he rots in hell x

BigGrannyPants Fri 10-Nov-17 17:40:51

I feel sad for your daughter the very least he should offer her is unconditional love. You’re right to keep her away from that negativity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now