Talk

Advanced search

Relocating

(3 Posts)
Whoknows11 Wed 01-Nov-17 10:02:49

Hi there I’m thinking of relocating for a fresh start for me and my children. Many benefits involved.

Just wondered if anyone had any positive or negative experiences that maybe I haven’t thought about!

My children are 7 and 2 and their Father works in the forces, is away a lot and has a new family.

Thanks in advance

OllyBJolly Wed 01-Nov-17 10:10:33

My DCs were both under 3 when we split. Nearest family was 200 miles away so no family ties or support. I stayed where I was and it meant I had a great support network of friends to help me out on the down days and when I got back to work. I didn't have the money, emotional strength or energy to move house.

When DCs were a bit older - 12 and 10 - I relocated because of work. I felt I really began to live my life then. I do wonder if I should have made that move earlier.

Sorry - no help at all. No right answer.

Whoknows11 Wed 01-Nov-17 10:20:45

Thank you OllyBJolly.

I moved to where we live now because of my ex’s work. I knew no one and had no family. That was 7 years ago.

Such a big decision 🤔

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: