Talk

Advanced search

Friends

(4 Posts)
Amber5099 Sat 28-Oct-17 23:20:14

Hi need some advice since iv became a single parent at 19 and none of my friends have kids yet iv drifted away from them not like they drink or something everyday but they go to college or a job and making new friendships nd don’t seem to have time for me and I seem to be stuck

bramblina Sat 28-Oct-17 23:21:59

What do you want advice on?
Your friends will change for sure. Get yourself to a parent and toddler group or other group suited to your liking and you'll get some shiny new friends with kids the same age and therefore similar interests. There's a whole new world out there now that you have a little one!

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 28-Oct-17 23:26:20

You will gradually make new friends, I had my first DD when I was 18, and I lost all my friends that I had before becoming a mum.
Try the groups, I made friends when my dd started nursery and school etc.

shelley1990 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:25:35

Since having my daughter my friends slowly drifted away from me even my best friend of 23 years! It’s horrible, I know how your feeling! Only one friend I see who has a 3 year old! We don’t go out together on outings we just have coffee catch ups over my house! I’m going to start going to mother & baby groups to make friends. I’ve got used to it now, but some times I do often think of my old best friend but then I get bitter and think to myself why am I bothering? If she wanted to speak to me she has my number! Get yourself to mother & baby groups and meet new friends smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now