Talk

Advanced search

Forgiving?

(3 Posts)
Babyboy15 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:25:54

I don't have a clue where to post this so putting it up here in Lone Parents.

Yesterday night around 1am I got a facebook message from a woman tellling me she had slept with my boyfriend.

I called him, he admitted it, I said I'm done.

I'm pretty certain this relationship is over.

We have a 22 month old child, registered to get married and we were planning on having his family around for boxing day.

Everything has gone down the drain in an almost 4 year relationship.

He said this is the 1st time he had ever cheated. In my opinion once a cheat, always a cheat!

Please someone just reassure me. I didn't shed a tear until this morning now I've calmed down. He's been apologising constantly. I'm at my parents for half term.

Protectingmydaughterfromfilth Sat 28-Oct-17 15:41:37

This happened to me, in a way. Some men seem to do this once the child starts to become difficult, the daily routine is well in place and life becomes less exciting and less about you & him. Some men can’t handle it when the attention becomes solely focused on the child rather than them. Just a theory x

It will get easier. But for gods sake don’t take him back! Despite the promises you make him swear to, he will always think that “Once more won’t hurt”

Starlight2345 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:44:13

No one can answer this for you . Don’t think about the wedding relatives . Do you think you can trust him again ? Do you know circumstances . Some people do recover from this some not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now