Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Being a Mum is getting harder not easier

(16 Posts)
Mamabear3017 Sun 22-Oct-17 17:57:51

Been here before, months ago.
DS is now 7 months, I was told at the start it would get easier but it's just getting harder.

His sleeping is getting worse not better and il be honest, I'm not sure how much longer I can cope!

Someone please help

NameChanger22 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:03:12

Sorry you're having a hard time. Things will get better.

I remember 11 months being a real turning point, because DD started walking and it meant we could get out and walk to the park and have more of a life outside the house. Which meant she slept better because she was more tired.

I'm not a sleep expert. as our obstacles were food related. Hope someone else can help you with that.

Mamabear3017 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:06:52

Thank you for your reply, il take anything right now.

Everything seems to be a challenge. He doesn't want solids only his milk & will gag into he throws up....he used to be fine.

He's downing a good 35oz a day & will only have milk if he wakes at night, he refuses his dummy until he's had even a suck of his bottle.

He used to sleep a good 6 hours without waking, now it's half hour sad

Ditsy1980 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:11:59

Is he having a growth spurt or teething? I found both massively affected my DD's sleep.
Speak to your local health visitor team. Do you take him to weigh ins? I always found them useful as I could ask advice.
Do you go to baby groups? I found some a struggle as the other Mam's seemed just to be better at mothering than me but I liked getting out of the house with DD and I found she would nap for a long while after yoga or massage so I could just have time to myself.
Do you have any family support? Tell them you're struggling. Speak to your gp if you're worried about yourself or your mental health. Honestly, you're not alone. Parenting is bloody hard work.

Mamabear3017 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:22:10

He's starting nursery next week for 10 hours a week.

Admittedly I haven't taken him to a weigh in for weeks. However, I will definitely go this week as I am desperate for help as to what to do.

I'm moving into a new place next week and because he's a light sleeper, hoping that he might settle better as my mums house is very noisy.

LoveProsecco Sun 22-Oct-17 18:37:05

At that age my DS was terrible with weaning! He gagged and threw up even the tiniest things. I was really worried about it but he grew out of it not long afterwards!

Nursery is amazing for assisting with development. In addition to them being used to young children I found my DS was much more adventurous about trying and finishing food than he was at home.

As for sleep I don’t have much advice as there are so many potential regression ages but there are some great threads and websites about sleep.

I hope it’s gets easier. You may find when your DC is moving about more that helps sleeping as crawling, standing, sofa surfing & walking does take it out of them.

It sounds like you’re doing an amazing job!

Misspollyhadadollie Sun 22-Oct-17 19:11:58

Agree with you totally. I have 4 kids and a lone parent (ex not involved) and my god it's got so so much harder. Always hear people saying it gets better but it never seems to!

Mamabear3017 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:53:57

I hope so I really do!

I'm praying Nursery will do him good also as they will be feeding him there.

He refuses to sleep without anyone there, it's so difficult when it's only me & I rely on bedtime so I can tidy up & cook my dinner.

I know people don't agree with it and neither do I but I think CC might help

Mamabear3017 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:57:53

Misspolly, I admire you & anyone else who has more than one child especially when the father isn't involved.

I really looked forward to him turning 6 months solely because so many people kept saying "wait until he's 6 months. It'll get so much easier".....nope! Just harder

abbsisspartacus Sun 22-Oct-17 20:58:54

White noise machine? Biscuit to suck on?

abbsisspartacus Sun 22-Oct-17 21:02:11

Every age and stage has it's difficulties I have a teen an eight year old and a four year old people asked me if I was insane and I'm a single parent I've recently got a partner and I think the children are more difficult not easier

SpottyGecko Sun 22-Oct-17 21:06:22

Birth to six months - easy, loved it, even though baby was teeny, strict feeding schedule etc
Six to 13 months - sleep issues seem to be getting worse not better.

flowersflowersflowers I feel for you OP.

Jadehxx Mon 06-Nov-17 11:06:30

My son is almost 6 months and I’m feeling very much the same. X

BlackeyedSusan Tue 07-Nov-17 07:10:16

I think we were not much more than baby rice and mashed banana at that age.

the thing is you have done the really hard 7 months... and the pregnancy so even if things are getting better, you are tireder due to the build up of lack of sleep...

there are easier periods. but generally things just change instead of get easier.

I think he is too little for cc. try other options first (at one point I used to go to bed with ds and then get up again after he was asleep. ) I was an expert at washing up on one leg rocking the car seat. Think what you want to achieve and then think of how you could manage to do that by an alternative route.

Erica891 Wed 08-Nov-17 10:29:16

I agree, it just gets harder as our job requires 24/7 with no pay or leave. One will never understand how hard it is unless she becomes a mum. It is best to have a support system that could help you emotionally when you're really feeling down. I am blessed to have that in my family. I feel sorry you are feeling that way but I hope you'll eventually get better.

Starlight2345 Wed 08-Nov-17 12:54:38

I am a childminder as well as a lp . 6-12 months is tough . They are moving , don’t respond to the word no . At 12 months they do start to really change . I agree with pp every stage has challenges . Some will be easier than others. You do get stronger and you find your own grove

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now