Talk

Advanced search

Need some advice

(5 Posts)
khaley92 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:28:46

Hiya everyone im new to this and not sure even if i can post about this on here but im really needing to chat to mums who has been in my situation or are in.. my sons dad wants acess to him after 5 years of no contact. Mine and his relationship wasnt good it he has a anger problem, he treated me awful and our son too. I left him because of this. Now im petrifed that hes going to get a court order to allow him acess. Ive had a letter saying ive got to attend mediation meeting. What do i do?!?

OurMiracle1106 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:33:46

You phone the mediators. Explain there was abuse. Ask for shuttle mediation (you will be in separate rooms so won’t be as pressured) you explain to the mediator you are concerned about his anger issues and feel that the only safe way for him to have contact with your child is via a contact centre, and explain the horrid way he treated his son (and you but concentrate on his son) to explain you reasoning.

(I had to do this with my ex husband)

khaley92 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:41:41

I already have a letter come through the post from mediation hes already gone to them and im guessing thats why ive had a letter. Says its been referred to mediation from family law solictors My appointment is soon so i will explain all then. Just worried sick. If you dont mind me asking what was the outcome of your situation?

OurMiracle1106 Sat 21-Oct-17 23:13:21

My ex didn’t follow through and I had an initial consultation, shuttle mediation was agreed and he then never showed up. He was using it as a form of control.

But the mediators said what I was proposing was perfectly reasonable and a court would agree if it went to that stage.

khaley92 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:27:26

Oh ok thankyou for your reply im hoping and praying my ex will not be granted acess unless its supervised by professional

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now