Advanced search

What will I be entitled to?

(4 Posts)
dazedandconfuse Fri 20-Oct-17 14:11:16

So I have a 3 year old, I work part time and I am a student. I'm also expecting a child in April 2018, planning on continuing my study. My (now ex) partner wants nothing to do with the baby.
I currently am on no benefits apart from receiving child benefit for my 3 year old.

Does anyone know what I may be entitled to? I was hoping some help in terms of rent paying etc? I have no idea how it works really

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, any help appreciated

Chocolatecake12 Fri 20-Oct-17 14:13:27

Look on the entitled to website
It’s very helpful and should give you an idea of what you can claim for

didyoureally Fri 20-Oct-17 14:15:41

Do you get Child Tax Credit? I think you would be eligible and maybe Working Tax Credit depending on how many hours you work. I think you can check if you are able to claim and claim online.

Chocolatteandbiscuits Fri 20-Oct-17 14:32:53

I'm a single parent working 16 hours per week. I got part of my house rent paid for and council tax reduction. I also get working and child tax credits. Through this I also get help with childcare. Also get maintenance off my D'S dad. Even though your Ex wants nothing to do with the baby he has a responsibility to pay you maintenance. Ring CSA.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: