Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

in need of a pick me up

(6 Posts)
Cantbearsed73 Wed 18-Oct-17 12:11:48

Havent posted for a long time, but feeling really pants today and really in a need of a pick me up and would welcome some words of advice about how you all pick yourselves up when you are feeling like this.

I have been a lone parent for 4 years two DC 5 and 10, ex DH has them every other weekend, Work full time, no new partner, currently in the process of moving house , very long chain and very stressful.

Just feeling overwhelmed with it all, im constantly tired, work is stressful but I have to work full time otherwise wouldn't get mortgage. Feeling like I will burst in to tears any moment today.

I know it will pass but would love some advice from fellow mumsnetters on what you do when you are feeling like this.

beec Thu 19-Oct-17 22:50:10

Wow, wow and triple wow!!! You are a machine!!! I have a 6 and 12 year old (really struggling with 12 year old and the new teenage strops) I work mon-fri 9-3 but only rent. The fact you have your own mortgage is unreal!! I struggle with what I do so can’t imagine what you struggle with! But what I do notice and it’s very boring but keeps me sane, is a schedule! I’m happiest when I do things a certain and a certain time as it always gets done that way and if you know plans are going to happen, then gets your schedule done little early. All the time we are in control, it’s easier and if your anything like me, it doesn’t get taken out on your poor kids ears lol! Well done!!! Xxxx

Cantbearsed73 Fri 20-Oct-17 13:31:59

Thank you ! I thought I had been left in the chat wilderness then! Thank you Beec I don't feel like a machine , I feel like I'm failing most of the time ! I think you are right I feel like I'm out of control and I need to get it back ! Thanks for your advice and hope you are having a better week !

UnbornMortificado Fri 20-Oct-17 13:50:05

No advice but my god you must be knackered flowers

If the tiredness is worrying you it might be worth asking for bloods done rule out low iron etc.

I've struggled (although I don't do half of what you do) with baby DS who has some additional needs and some extra night cares. I take magnesium and iron and I do feel less tired for it.

EEandEmakes3 Fri 20-Oct-17 15:04:40

You are a force to be reckoned with. I am in awe at what you are doing. Just think when this all passes, you’ll be able to sit back with a nice chilled glass of wine & say I did this! Keep on doing what you’re doing, you’re children have a wonderful Mum to look up to x

beec Sat 21-Oct-17 00:46:51

No problem at all!

I put up a post and it actually got a lot of responses so I thought I’d go show some love and hopefully my own humble advice on a post and I saw yours sitting there with no comments and couldn’t believe it when I read it. I hate being organised as it is a job in its self but it’s the only thing that works! When I walk out the door in the morning, on time and more or less everything done, I have a better day. I tidy life, I tidy mind and I’m not for a second saying your house is t today lol, I just mean that you stay on top? Being a working mum is one of the hardest job in the world!!! Yes stay at home mums have it though as they get no interaction from adults as much but my god! Getting up and getting yourself and other little people ready before 8am every morning, go to work and then come home to run a house is witchcraft as far as I’m concerned hahaha! I don’t know how we do it xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now